• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Off topic: something I care about...

......and people should remember that meat doesn't magically appear in styrofoam and cellophane packs, out of a walk in fridge. Also leather shoes and handbags didn't get their start in a factory. ;) ;D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Killing for fun is a sign of psychotic tendancies.  Whether it's a cute baby kitty or an ugly duckling, the behavior is just wrong.

I really don't need 400 lbs of moose meat,however I enjoy killing stuff.Does that make me a bad person?I don't think I'm psychotic.
recceguy said:
......and people should remember that meat doesn't magically appear in styrofoam and cellophane packs, out of a walk in fridge. Also leather shoes and handbags didn't get their start in a factory. ;) ;D

Agreed.It's the people who sit down to a KFC supper and then talk about how cruel it is to kill animals... :rage:

X-mo-1979 said:
I really don't need 400 lbs of moose meat,however I enjoy killing stuff.Does that make me a bad person?I don't think I'm psychotic.
Of course you're not psychotic.  You can differentiate when you kill between solely for fun and for meat; which is also "fun" (to paraphrase).  It's like sex.  People enjoy sex.  Some people cannot know the difference between acceptable sexual behaviour and criminal sexual behaviour.  So, enjoying killing does not make you psychotic.  Killing purely for enjoyment does, however.

Of course you're not psychotic.  You can differentiate when you kill between solely for fun and for meat; which is also "fun" (to paraphrase).  It's like sex.  People enjoy sex.  Some people cannot know the difference between acceptable sexual behaviour and criminal sexual behaviour.  So, enjoying killing does not make you psychotic.  Killing purely for enjoyment does, however.

Does participating in sex purely for enjoyment make one psychotic?  :eek: ;D

Thanks. ;D

I gotta say however I crave the hunt every year.Nothing nicer than the feeling of staring a animal larger than yourself in the eye,and knowing you just killed it.I enjoy the hunt.The week's of walking around everyday some years.The unexpected thrill of sighting your target.

So my question would be then,As long as I know when I'm hunting for meat (career fall's apart..must kill meat to live)and man I cant wait to but a slug in some animal..I'm good to go?

Man this topic really has me in the mood to go.Come on HLTA!

Back