• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Off topic: something I care about...

George Wallace said:
???

Looks like the same to me.    ;D

Smart.... *Insert profanity* :)
I just meant that an actual adult commits a murder and gets 5 measly years.  And a teenager may commit an absolutely gruesome murder and still only get 5 years. (It's happened in my city, probably the worst murder we've ever had and looks like the kid will only get 5 years. AND no the kid didn't have a bad childhood, doesn't have mental problems.)
Back on topic though... Poor kitty :( Every time I revisit this post I think about that poor cat and how horrible it probably was.

It really does make me angry when I think about that poor cat that was mercilessly and slowly cooked from the inside-out & having it's blood boil AND ultimately enduring 10 minutes of the worst kind of hell I wouldn't wish on my enemies.  I'm sorry to be so explicit but we have to put this into perspective.  Many people just don't care because it was a cat.  I on the other hand side with animal loving extremists who would like to see these boys put through the same kind of torture. 

We'd be doing the public a huge favour by eliminating these individuals and sending a message out to everyone thinking of doing the same thing.  I don't care if they are 14, 16 or 50 - the cat is a "member of the family" and there is no psychological difference than taking someone's infant and doing the same thing.  I'd be a "wreck" if anyone did that to my cat.

J

Fireball said:
We'd be doing the public a huge favour by eliminating these individuals and sending a message out to everyone thinking of doing the same thing.  I don't care if they are 14, 16 or 50 - the cat is a "member of the family" and there is no psychological difference than taking someone's infant and doing the same thing.  I'd be a "wreck" if anyone did that to my cat.

Eliminating the individuals.That I'll happen.

I have pet's as well.I have kid's.To compare the two in my mind is silly.I had a dog that tried to bite me,to protect my child I put the dog down myself.While it upset me for a little bit I put my child on a higher level than a dog or cat.

This reminds me of a story in Newfoundland where a few youths broke into the SPCA (IIRC) and threw kittens into a cage with a pitbull,which ate them.

This is a common theme across the world.I was searching for the above incident to post here,and found hundreds of examples across the world.

For example if you torture a cat then sexually abuse it in Au,you get 12 months in jail or 12,000$ fine.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22911740-5005961,00.html

So let's get realistic.These youths will get probation for a year,ordered to do some course to respect animals,and get physc help.The will have to write apology letters to the family,and when they are 18 their record will disappear.

To try and fool ourselves and think they will be locked up in Dorchester etc is plain foolish.

Having said that I can imagine what I would have done to the youths if I came home and found them in there....
Then I would most likely end up in Dorchester. ;)

(how come no one has come by and called this a CAT-ASTROPHE.Am I the only guy thinking of that?)

Well X-mo,

I love kids and I love cats.  I don't have kids myself so I can't make the comparison between cat and child.  They are the same to me - right now.  I like Cats actually - it doesn't take them 2 years to learn how to walk or poop right, nor will they suck 22 years of your life, money and freedom like a child will.  Of course the drawback being cats won't be carrying on the family genes.  Now that I've said it I'll be  expecting a call any day from wife telling me that she's pregnant...sheesh.

Back to the real issue - these awful boyz would be quietly disposed of if I had my way.  I have to make the connection though and attribute their actions to bad parenting.  Perhaps the parents should be charged as well, as an "accessory" to a crime for raising such idiotic children.

J

Fireball said:
Well X-mo,

I love kids and I love cats.  I don't have kids myself so I can't make the comparison between cat and child.  They are the same to me - right now.  I like Cats actually - it doesn't take them 2 years to learn how to walk or poop right, nor will they suck 22 years of your life, money and freedom like a child will.  Of course the drawback being cats won't be carrying on the family genes.  Now that I've said it I'll be  expecting a call any day from wife telling me that she's pregnant...sheesh.

Back to the real issue - these awful boyz would be quietly disposed of if I had my way.  I have to make the connection though and attribute their actions to bad parenting.  Perhaps the parents should be charged as well, as an "accessory" to a crime for raising such idiotic children.

J

You sir have the making of a cat lady.Can't call it a cat man...it just don't sound right.
To compare human life to that of food (which all other life is)is silly in my mind.
Anyone who would choose a cat over human life...well..you proably should check out getting help as well.

Note:We all love pet's but the comparison cannot be near for a normal human being.

Back to the issue:Nothing we can do here.Law will take care as decided by the courts,it will be lenient.

X-mo,

Yikes.  Cracy Cat-man?  I better lay off the cat vs kid stuff.  Yes...I think we all agree that the justice system should prevail even though many of us believe the senteces aren't nearly as harsh as they should be.

I'm done with this topic for now.

J

X-mo-1979 said:
You sir have the making of a cat lady.Can't call it a cat man...it just don't sound right.
To compare human life to that of food (which all other life is)is silly in my mind.
Anyone who would choose a cat over human life...well..you proably should check out getting help as well.

Note:We all love pet's but the comparison cannot be near for a normal human being.

Back to the issue:Nothing we can do here.Law will take care as decided by the courts,it will be lenient.

I consider myself to be a "Crazy cat lady".  I have three cats and I would gladly use every penny I've ever earned to take care of every cat on the planet.  And dog for that matter. 
If I could choose between someone (human) who has the ability, mentality to perform such a terrible crime and a cat, I would save the cat.  If my house was on fire YES I would save my children (if I had any) but I would return for my beloved cats. I would risk my own life to save my cats.  It may make me a crazy person but my cats ARE my children. For a lot of people their pets become their best friends, become like their children. My cats are part of my family and I would sacrifice sicko's like those kids any day. 
I stated before that it's exactly how serial killers begin.  Who's to say that they can do that to an innocent.  Something that cannot defend for themselves, that have emotions and can feel pain, that they wouldn't do that to a human. 

Cats are People Too (just smaller, hairier people without opposable thumbs)

dukkadukka said:
I consider myself to be a "Crazy cat lady".  I have three cats and I would gladly use every penny I've ever earned to take care of every cat on the planet.  And dog for that matter. 

Ha, unfortunately the "Crazy Cat Lady" stereotype is typically more like a weathered old haggish woman, living in a run down east Detroit one story bungalow shed-like dwelling.  With no money and a elastic like grip on reality, her attempted care and devotion for her feline companions usually comes out in the form of uncontrolled breeding, lack of food and water, and of course sling-shotting them across the lawn in an attempt to hit the bulls-eye spray-painted on the side of her rusted 1983 Buick Lesabre.

MedTechStudent said:
Ha, unfortunately the "Crazy Cat Lady" stereotype is typically more like a weathered old haggish woman, living in a run down east Detroit one story bungalow shed-like dwelling.  With no money and a elastic like grip on reality, her attempted care and devotion for her feline companions usually comes out in the form of uncontrolled breeding, lack of food and water, and of course sling-shotting them across the lawn in an attempt to hit the bulls-eye spray-painted on the side of her rusted 1983 Buick Lesabre.

HAHAHA! Yes but it's 2008 now! Us Cat Lady types have homes... and just a lot of cats! We're sane and have lives! I'm working towards breaking the stereotype of being actually crazy, weathered and old... and haggish. hahaha

I don't think the issue here is a cat is a cat and has no real value "Chattel" is the legal term for pets in Canada, meaning they're barely rated above a tree in the eyes of our legal system. Until they change or am mend the laws pertaining to animal cruelty, offenders will continue to get away with murder, literally.

The issue here is that these idiots don't have respect for life in general, whether it be human or animal., Cook an infant you get 20 years, cook a cat and you get "Oh don't do that again" slap on the wrist.

There are many instances of animal cruelty and not only against the fuzzy little types either. If someone is going to take an animals life just make damn sure it's done for the right reasons and it's done the right way is, i.e your starving to death and you plan to feed a wife and ten kids because you have no money to buy food at a supermarket. Killing an animal just for sport in my eyes is wrong, see the rack on that deer, that would look good over my fireplace is the wrong reason or I just like the taste of deer meat.  I've never killed anything or anyone for spite, sport or out of anger and I plan to keep it that way.

I may get yelled at by the hunter types but that OK. Yell away.

I'm not gonna yell... Just wondering if you eat meat?? Killing a deer for it's meat is the same thing as killing a chicken for it's meat.  Either you eat meat or you don't... I can accept your argument if you don't eat meat but I think that you just may. 
I like deer meat, I LOVE moose meat... and when it comes down to it, I'll kill a creature for it's meat.  Same with I won't exactly hold it against a bear if he tries to eat me.  (Sure I'll be pissed and slightly dead... but it's just the way the world works.)
Thank you though for posting about how cats/pets are viewed in the legal system, it wasn't something I was fully aware of!!

No I stopped eating meat five years ago after my brother brought me for a tour of the slaughterhouse he worked at in Kitchener. After what i seen went on in there and after I vomited a few times, I quite literally lost my appetite for meat, haven't touched it since and I probably won't for the remainder of my life. That also includes pork and poultry and yes fish, sounds strange but I just can't stomach flesh anymore.

good for you!! kudos for sure.  (I accept your argument!! hahaha) I know a lot of the current practices of killing animals for food is highly alarming... but I just can't not eat meat! TOO TASTY! Though most of my meat is killed by family members (not including chicken, where I try to find the free-range) because I am aboriginal.  So I know most of my meat has had a real life in the wilderness before getting a mostly quick death. 

retiredgrunt45 said:
No I stopped eating meat five years ago after my brother brought me for a tour of the slaughterhouse he worked at in Kitchener. After what i seen went on in there and after I vomited a few times, I quite literally lost my appetite for meat, haven't touched it since and I probably won't for the remainder of my life. That also includes pork and poultry and yes fish, sounds strange but I just can't stomach flesh anymore.

Weak.
Don't criticise hunters when we actually have the parts to gut it.

I think humans are meant to eat meat.  Looking anywhere else in the animal kingdom you find proof that animals either others to survive.  Also, many new vegetarians become anemic and sick when putting their body through the unnatural process.  My step-sister is a vegetarian and she was tired all the time, and got sick more often it seamed.  That being said its a personal choice and I respect people for it.  I just think its a little unhealthy for some people.  Oh well, vitamins work work wonders I suppose.

Weak.
Don't criticise hunters when we actually have the parts to gut it.

Good for you X-mo,  if that's what turns your crank, I'll leave you to it. I've been called worse and in case you forgot we live in a democracy and everyone en tiltled to an opinion and I see I just got yours. So yell call and call me names, if that's what makes you feel better, have at her. Actually I think your comment was a bit amusing, seeing you have no idea who I'm, must be a physic thing eh.

And no I haven't had any more colds or any other sickness since I gave up meat. I take supplements, Iron, etc and I'm just fine thank You.

Poor little Bambi.

retiredgrunt45 said:
Good for you X-mo,  if that's what turns your crank, I'll leave you to it. I've been called worse and in case you forgot we live in a democracy and everyone en tiltled to an opinion and I see I just got yours. So yell call and call me names, if that's what makes you feel better, have at her. Actually I think your comment was a bit amusing, seeing you have no idea who I'm, must be a physic thing eh.

And no I haven't had any more colds or any other sickness since I gave up meat. I take supplements, Iron, etc and I'm just fine thank You.

Poor little Bambi.

Agreed. X-mo's comment was uncalled for.  I think it's a personal choice and we live in a country where we're entitled to have those choices.  If I didn't love the taste of meat so much, I would consider it.  I don't agree with the ways animals are slaughtered, but for me, the taste overpowers the personal opinion. 
I do agree with MedTechStudent... that it is part of the food chain.  Only problem with the food chain is nobody's there to eat us!! (Takes me to a separate thread in International world issues about dwindling populations.)
Like I said prior, kudos to you retiredgrunt.  Sometimes it's a very personal reason to stop eating meat.
ALSO, it's completely insane that MedTechStudent, that your sister was sick all the time.  She was obviously not eating correctly.  There are right ways, and wrong ways to cut meat out of your diet.  You can get everything you need for your body by just cutting out the meat and expanding your food choices, without the need for vitamins. I eat meat but I take vitamins just to be sure.  If done correctly, it's viable to not eat meat and still be probably more healthy than someone who is a heavy meat eater!!

It's been a while........

Here's my take.  To me all life is sacred.  The trees in my yard. The mosquito that bit me - and then I killed. and even my dinner.  I eat meat. -  I am meat. Life goes on. Everything alive deserves some consideration.

The depravity displayed by these little monsters is an excellent example of evil and I grieve that companion animals have virtually no protection under the law.  Hunting is entirely a different thing.

This was act of deliberate cruelty, not only to the cat but also to the cat's human family.

My reason for commenting is that I acknowledge having too many cats.....way too many.
But, someone made a number of cats in my neighbourhood disappear.
The local authorities went out of their way to blame the victims.
Still bugs me.  The law that should protect them hasn't changed since the time of HRH Victoria.
Paul martin called an election and called an end to the most recent legislation. ::)

RG45 - Glad you are happy with your life choices but.........what happened to "steak night"? :(

I don't take supplements because I eat properly.  Meat.  Vegetables.  Leafy ones too.  My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain just so that I could eat nothing but soy and salads.

Pets are not only "nice" to have, but in some cases, can be therapeutic.  Killing for fun is a sign of psychotic tendancies.  Whether it's a cute baby kitty or an ugly duckling, the behavior is just wrong.

Killing for meat, however, is how we go where we are today.  But this is my choice, nobody else's.  I have no problem with people being vegan/vegetarian or whatever.  Just please allow me to have my choice, and no, meat is NOT murder.

Back