• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

October 2008 Reg Force BMQ - All locations

Fische35

Inactive
Reaction score
Just got a call from my recruiter. I get to swear in on Sep. 25 and I get to begin BMQ Oct. 6th

Anyone else going to be there?

See you there buddy where you coming from, Im from Mississauga

I'm coming from London Ont...Let me know how you're getting there. I dont know what the Forces have planned as far as travel goes, but hopefully I get to ride the train and I'm looking for other's that are leaving to go with. I'm definately going to talk to some of the guys in the London area when I get sworn in and see about travelling with those people. I definately wanna meet as many of the people as soon as possible.

Hey when did you guys finish ur aptitude test, medical and interview?  ???

I was just wondering because I finished all that by the end of August.
And now im just waiting for the phone call to BMQ, I wanna know how long that takes?

-Thanks.

As long as there is no security issues and you pass everything, I don't see why you wouldnt get into BMQ within a week or two. And as for transportation, I was told a flight was going to be booked and that was why I needed to give a verbal contract over the phone as to whether I was going to be agreeing to sign on as Private recruit.

im from london and still need to hand in med forms and do fit test. will i get in by the 6th?

greyman556 said:
im from london and still need to hand in med forms and do fit test. will i get in by the 6th?

Well of obviously I can't say for sure...I don't know if they would take you so soon. However, I got in relatively quick from what I hear. Ask them about it when you go in for the med and such...

Oddly enough, I still havent had to do the fit test :S...Maybe it's because they know that I've done so many athletics during highschool, or maybe they'll make me do it before I swear in...Wierd

congrats fellas.  the fitness test is during basic now. I got my call today.

Hey, whos going out to St-Jean for the Oct 13th BMQ? Flyin out of Halifax on Oct 12th!!!!

Hello Folks,,,,,my daughter in law just got the call and is going RMS Clerk and heading to BMQ for 6 Oct 08 (NAVY) She will be coming from Edmonton and wants to say hello. She does not have computer access att. She swears in 26 Sep 08.

Kr3w said:
Hey, whos going out to St-Jean for the Oct 13th BMQ? Flyin out of Halifax on Oct 12th!!!!
Flying out of Kelowna on October 11 to be in St. Jean on October 13!

Hello to you all! When's the next BMQ after October 13th? The officer i spoke to at my  interview said i should have an answer within 2 weeks  (and that was friday) so hopefully i can do my BMQ  in October!

Hello to you all! When's the next BMQ after October 13th? The officer i spoke to at my  interview said i should have an answer within 2 weeks  (and that was friday) so hopefully i can do my BMQ  in October!

I finished my interview on August 25th and my interviewer said i was going to get a phone call after 2 weeks and i should call back if I dont. But when i called back the secretary there said "The whole process of getting accepted into BMQ takes 5 days to 3 months."  :(

So I was just told to wait for them to call me. Which is going to feel like forever...  :crybaby:

I hope you get ur phone call alot sooner!

Just understand the recruiting timeframe is based on application FULLY COMPLETE and verified. so once you hand it in, it has to be VERIFIED aswell, the day i transfered my applicationt from CEOTP to NCM i got accepted in 4 or 5 days. I say, if you have handed in everything and all you are waiting for is a training date, and it takes more than a week or 2 weeks(maybe at a larger more busy recruiting office) than something is obviously wrong).

I second that, I have been trying to find some solid factual info on holidays seeing as our bmq goes through xmas. any info is appreciated

The leave period for Christmas will be explained to you at CFLRS.  Rest assured that you will be given time off for the holidays.

Any way to know ahead of time?...My dad lives oversea's, so it would be nice to know if he's coming back during the holidays at the same time I am. It would suck if our holidays only overlapped for a few days...Also, in general, how long is it? I've heard people say anywhere from 7-14 days...Thxs for any info :)

I actually got the call today. I'm in for the BMQ on October 13th. and i swear in on october 7th. WOW. I'm amazed the process went by so fast. I had my interview last friday. I'm still in shock i think. I'm so excited at the same time. What a nice early birthday present (my birthday is on the 4th!)

Who else is going?  I'm from Montreal so i'm still debating if i want to drive in or take the bus. or swearing in Montreal on october 7th?

Back