• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

October 2008 Reg Force BMQ - All locations

just like to say hello i'm starting BMQ october 5th but doing it in french  but will see you guys there.

jazzy0410 said:
I actually got the call today. I'm in for the BMQ on October 13th. and i swear in on october 7th. WOW. I'm amazed the process went by so fast. I had my interview last friday. I'm still in shock i think. I'm so excited at the same time. What a nice early birthday present (my birthday is on the 4th!)

Who else is going?  I'm from Montreal so i'm still debating if i want to drive in or take the bus. or swearing in Montreal on october 7th?

:cdn:
Wow! They really processed you fast. I saw your other post. I had my interview on Sep 2nd but I am still waiting for final papers to clear (I served in the foreign military) so I probably won't make it in October. Going Navy - NE Tech Comm. But if I get in I will probably drive myself - I am on the South Shore. St-Jean is only 40 min from my place.
Congrats and good luck on the course!  :salute:

jazzy0410 said:
Who else is going?  I'm from Montreal so i'm still debating if i want to drive in or take the bus. or swearing in Montreal on october 7th?
Be seeing you there, going in as Infantry and my name is Warren ;D

Kr3w said:
Be seeing you there, going in as Infantry and my name is Warren ;D

Looking forward to it ! I can't wait!  I'm Petia. Going in as Comm Research!  :)

I do my enrolment ceremony tomorrow in Vancouver, but I fly in on the 11 October, then start on the 13 October. I'm going Armour, and my name's Shane, and I look forward to training alongside you guys!

Leaving Halifax October 5th and starting BMQ on October 6th. Really excited!!! Any other Signal Operators training on the 6th?

Sorry Pte_Squire the 6th is too soon.
I don't fly out until Oct 19th  ;)
But SigOp sounds about right.

Hey everyone, i'll be at the BMQ starting Oct. 6th. Flying out of Winnipeg on the 5th. Any other LCIS techs? Cant wait to meet everyone, should be a blast!

Any of you who are gonna be with the October 6th training group feel free to come say hi if we're in the same training group. I have some previous military experience so I am going to try and help people out when I can. It's been about 3 years since I was in last so I don't know everything or I wouldn't be doing BMQ again but I will help where I can.

My recruiter has encouraged me to focus on my teamwork so I am looking to get a head start on it maybe the Night of the 5th before we start on Monday we can all huddle up and talk about our next 13 weeks together and maybe team some of us up. The trainers are going to be watching us to see if we work as a team so if we get a head start maybe we can impress them. So if we pair up we can have teams of people helping each other with getting ready for inspections and assignments and wotnot.

Feel free to reply and tell me what you think

I received my job offer this morning. My BMQ begins October 20th, I can't wait. Whoever else starts on the 20th hope to you there, good luck.

That sounds like a great idea Pte_Squire. One of my best buds just did BMQ in St. Jean not too long ago, and I've tried to learn as much as possible from his experience, but I know that teamwork will go a long way. Whether I end up in your training group or not, I can tell that you will be of great benefit to the rest of the platoon. See you sunday.
Pte. Andrews

Sounds good Andrews. I'll see you there. Anyone else up for a teamwork huddle? I guarantee it will make BMQ go more smoothly

Fly out on the 19th to St Jean for the 20th.  Going in for Infantry  ;D

I would be curious to see who the first recruit is that gets to a computer on the Oct 6 course. Hope the course goes well. Let us know. Looking forward to getting down there for the graduation.

Just wanted to say hello, I'll be starting BMQ on October 27Th. Anyone else??? ;D

Hehe well alright I'll narrow it down, I'm 6'2", fairly built, speak Russian semi-fluently, will wear a black zoo york t-shirt and a green hoodie when I fly in and will have a nano-ipod which will be detained for eventual use.

Bloody excited and I'll be pushing things quite a bit for the next week and a half. I wish I didn't stop running all of those months back when I was in my prime but getting pretty close to that point now. I'll just be making sure not to injure myself and stop for a day or two if I get sharp pains anywhere. I was mighty surprised when I got the call 2 days after I got merit listed  :eek:

Back