• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Occupational and Component Transfers (OT/CT/VOT) During and After BMQ (Merged)

• Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date
If you didn't score high enough for Armour on the CFAT, that doesn't change during BMQ.  In order to join as a Armoured Soldier, or OT into that trade you must meet the trade requirements. Talk to the CFRC about rewriting your CFAT. FYI there is a waiting period before you can rewrite.

Also, note that if you do rewrite the CFAT and score high enough for Armour Soldier, that doesn't mean you will automatically be able to change from cook to crewman;  it is an application not a guarantee.

If you really want to try for  armour don't accept the offer for cook.  Do study before retaking the CFAT.

Do not try for reassignment at St. Jean - as it is a bit dishonest to accept something while your real intent is to try to switch - bascally you will be expected to meet your committment unless something unexpected comes up.

They will always be looking for crwmn but you just might have to wait a bit.

The one downside of waiting to redo the CFAT is that if you do worse the most current CFAT score stands so you might make yourself ineligible for cook.  That's the risk you take.  Some people do better some do worse on the retest so you  never know.  But maybe that day you had bad nerves, didn't know what to expect (but you know now so that should help)

I would always wait for what I really wanted but if not too confident in your math then joiing as a cook waiting the four years to Occupationally transfer - all the while earning a salary and probably a promotion and then trying to occupationally transfer is also an option because if you do worse you still are a cooking earning a good salary by then.

Good Luck

so its a possibility you can remuster to a trade i didn't score high enough for. or is it a just prove your self that you are really good for infantry, ive been a cadet for 5 years I did b para went through rigorous selection then 2 weeks of more torture before b para even, then did two weeks of b para failed my landings po check so they rtu'd me on my birthday. if I showed the course officer on bmq that I would be excellent for infantry would they consider remustering me ?

423tk said:
so its a possibility you can remuster to a trade i didn't score high enough for.

No.

423tk said:
or is it a just prove your self that you are really good for infantry, ive been a cadet for 5 years I did b para went through rigorous selection then 2 weeks of more torture before b para even, then did two weeks of b para failed my landings po check so they rtu'd me on my birthday. if I showed the course officer on bmq that I would be excellent for infantry would they consider remustering me ?

No.

Next:  Learn what the SHIFT Key is used for and use it.  Your grammar and sentence structure really suck.  It is hard to understand you if you can not clearly communicate.  You may want to start now learning how to properly use English in the written form.

423tk said:
ive been a cadet for 5 years I did b para went through rigorous selection then 2 weeks of more torture before b para even, then did two weeks of b para failed my landings po check so they rtu'd me

All that sentence shows is you were a Cadet for 5 years who couldn't pass Basic Para and that you need work on written communications.  Showing how you failed a qualification course and were RTU'd doesn't exactly "beef up" your application for remuster.  :2c:

if I showed the course officer on bmq that I would be excellent for infantry would they consider remustering me ?

You can show the Crse Officer on BMQ ~The Caramilk Secret~ and it won't matter;  if you can't score high enough on the CFAT for Trade X's cut-off, you can never get into Trade X. 

Yes, it is that simple.

ok thanks a lot for the input better start studying, by the way I could not jab properly because of stress fractures in my shins.

Landing PO check's must have changed a lot;  I did BP and the Landing PCs were done from the swing rack.  No jabs from there, 2 coursemates threw you out high and hard and the PI decided when to let go of the rope.  You do proper PLF, 5 POC etc. 

Anyways...yes study and all that.

I almost failed the first po because of my shins. Turns out I was running wrong all my life, its fixed now though. And yeah they still use the swing wracks, when I got rtu'd they made up some bull excuse that they couldn't give a retest because they didn't have the time when the platoon was at the mock tower doing mass exit with full kit they could have just sent me there and I would have nailed that po check.

But when my bros told me after no one even jabbed or landed properly anyways which I found a waste of training when troops don't use proper form anyways.

Don't sweat it;  I thundered into Buxton in '92 during BP on my 3rd jump and went home with no wings, a back that would never be the same and my 'dream career' (SAR Tech) gone at Mach 1 down the shitter.  I know the feeling of coming home 'still a leg'.

Worse, I lost my Crse WO's (he was a Pathfinder and a real nice guy  :blotto:) gloves he lent me (they cut my jacket off me at Lancaster Park) and I honestly thought he was going to bury me in a shallow grave.  Thankfully, at the smoker I think he forgot about them after beverages were served.

I didn't mention that on my interview when I remustered.    ;)

Eits....I love learning more about you very post.  You rock.  Just sayin

I am currently doing my bmoq as a log officer and I was wondering if it was possible to apply for a trade transfer as a pilot. I thought since i haven't started specific training for logistic maybe its not too late to switch.
Can it be done?

Thanks a lot!

Not during BMOQ.  CFLRS is not likely to expend its staff horsepower to staff a VOT for someone on BMOQ. Voluntary occupational transfers, most of the time, are done through a merit based process where merit listing happens once a year.  Voluntary occupational transfers while still in the training systems are possible, however they are uncommon.

I'll add some policy for certainty for those doubting;  Basic Training List Admin Guide (BTAGs), Section 2, Occupation Reassignment, Para 216.

216. Eligibility – Voluntary Reassignment

Personnel on the BTL/SUTL may request voluntary reassignment as indicated below:

a. BTL NCMs – after BMQ. May apply at any time after completion of BMQ and before completion of occupation training. May only request
from voluntary list and may be limited out of under-strength occupations;

b. BTL Officers – after BMOQ. May apply at any time after completion of BMOQ and prior to completion of occupation training. May only request from the monthly reassignment list and may be limited out of understrength occupations;

c. SUTL Officers – AY 2 to AY 4. May apply for the annual program in the fall IAW the message released by SO SEM. Opportunities may be limited out of under-strength occupations. Students must have completed BMOQ to be eligible for reassignment;

d. SUTL Officers – On Graduation. After graduation, SUTL officers are transferred to the BTL and are eligible as noted above; and

e. The trainee shall submit a written request through his chain of command clearly indicating the new MOSID(s) to which he/she is requesting VORor, if the trainee has no new MOSID in mind and wishes to investigatewhat other MOSIDs for which he/she may be qualified. In the written request the trainee will clearly indicate what his/her career intentions (release or remain in current MOSID) should the trainee be deemed not suitable for VOR or the trainees decide that the MOSIDs offered are not personally acceptable.

----------------------------

Sn0Gid said:
I am currently doing my bmoq as a log officer and I was wondering if it was possible to apply for a trade transfer as a pilot. I thought since i haven't started specific training for logistic maybe its not too late to switch.
Can it be done?
Thanks a lot!

Good info posted above.  And here's some more advice.  If after completion of your BMOQ, you do decide to request a VOR over to Pilot and after a "really really" long time, it eventually get's approved, and you fail any portion of your Pilot training, you may as well say "Good bye".

DAA said:
Good info posted above.  And here's some more advice.  If after completion of your BMOQ, you do decide to request a VOR over to Pilot and after a "really really" long time, it eventually get's approved, and you fail any portion of your Pilot training, you may as well say "Good bye".

Are you sure about this? I had a fellow NCM put in a CT for MARS officer and got accepted. Months later he failed his first trades course but he was not kicked out. Instead he was given the choice of other ''less demanding'' trades. I believe he has since resigned his commission and is in the reg force as a NCM again.

I found this on DWAN. Once you have access and read it over. Lots of useful information for anyone wanting to transfer. Annex A is specifically regarding transfer to the pilot MOC.

http://admfincs.mil.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/010-01_e.asp

Here is a piece of it:

ELIGIBILITY
3.    To be eligible for transfer to the Pilot MOC, an applicant must:

a.  not have previously failed any phase of pilot training;

b.  be a Canadian citizen;

c.  have a security clearance of Secret;

d.  have completed two years commissioned service after completion of
          MOC qualification by 31 December of the year in which the
          transfer is applied for;

e.  be below the rank of major;

f.  have a minimum medical category of 122225, awarded within 12
          months of the date of application;

g.  be prepared to accept,

(1)  an intermediate engagement, or

(2)  be serving on an indefinite period of service under former
              single-Service or unified terms of service; and

h.  meet such other conditions as the CDS may prescribe.

Note - Officers who previously attended the Canadian Forces Aircrew
Selection Centre (CFASC) and did not attain a minimum pilot aptitude index
(STANINE) of six (6) are not eligible for transfer to the Pilot MOC

I hope this helps.

Back