• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

number of positions available? And, any advice for the new girl?

tsokman said:
ok thanks...thats what I meant say you flunk POET would they offer you another trade and would they choose it for you...would they still give you something like combat engineer or aviation tech..

They might offer you a choice between two or three trades, but failing POET would see a lot of trades disappear off the list.  Only the PSO would be able to tell you what would remain for choices if you demonstrated difficulty with advanced math, for example.

what if you tried to OT during POET...say if you figured out "hey shucks Im gonna fail POET" would you still be able to get combat engineer or weapons tech land or even aviation tech...which are not POET based...Or would you be better off VRing or would that be held against you if you reapply...cause they told me I could OT or CT but on more research I found its not that easy or for sure...you might be offered infantry or something hahaha...

tsokman said:
what if you tried to OT during POET...say if you figured out "hey shucks Im gonna fail POET" would you still be able to get combat engineer or weapons tech land or even aviation tech...which are not POET based...Or would you be better off VRing or would that be held against you if you reapply...cause they told me I could OT or CT but on more research I found its not that easy or for sure...you might be offered infantry or something hahaha...

See reply #38 in this thread for your answer.

If you have any ideas about deliberately bombing the course in order to get a COT to another trade, you'd better be a good actor - because if they find out you're doing so, you'll fall into that "complete screwup" category and find yourself in the middle of a 5(f) release.

no i meant what if youre half way through POET and you know youre not doing too well...can you OT in that situation before you fail....

tsokman said:
no i meant what if youre half way through POET and you know youre not doing too well...can you OT in that situation before you fail....

Occam said:
OTing before or during your QL3 isn't normally done.  If you think about it, they just hired you to fill in a position in a trade which requires personnel.  OTs prior to or during QL3 training aren't unheard of, but you had better have a bloody good reason and even then it would be rare that it's granted.  If you fail training, because you don't grasp the math for example, a compulsory OT is a possibility, if you aren't a total screwup.  An OT would not change the terms of your VIE (which is what I think you meant).

Back