• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

November 2015: Paris Bataclan attack/hostage taking

Sickening.....this bothers me more than refugees / immigrants from wherever.

Montreal police have charged a 24-year-old man in connection with a video posted on YouTube that shows someone in a "Joker" mask threatening to kill Muslim people in Quebec.

Jesse Pelletier faces charges of uttering threats, inciting hatred against an identifiable group, making a declaration to incite fear among an identifiable group, and using a fake firearm.

montreal-arrest-joker-mask-quebec.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-arrest-man-mask-joker-muslims-1.3324089

Side note:

Majority of Canadians oppose Trudeau’s plan to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees over in just six weeks: poll

So the question...who exactly did the poll ask, it turns out there is no surprise there. Xenophobia at its finest

Opposition is highest in Alberta (62 per cent) and lowest in Atlantic Canada (46 per cent).

The poll suggests that Premier Brad Wall is on the right side of public opinion in Saskatchewan.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/majority-of-canadians-oppose-trudeaus-plan-to-bring-25000-syrian-refugees-over-in-just-six-weeks-poll

opcougar said:
Side note:

So the question...who exactly did the poll ask, it turns out there is no surprise there. Xenophobia at its finest

On whose part?  The people polled or you?

opcougar said:
Sickening.....this bothers me more than refugees / immigrants from wherever.

montreal-arrest-joker-mask-quebec.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-arrest-man-mask-joker-muslims-1.3324089

Side note:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/majority-of-canadians-oppose-trudeaus-plan-to-bring-25000-syrian-refugees-over-in-just-six-weeks-poll

Man, maybe people are concerned about the timing as opposed to the number or where they are from.  6 weeks to bring in that many people is putting a lot of pressure on the system.  Not everyone is xenophobic or racists.  Being prudent doesn't mean that.  Give it a rest.

opcougar said:

Do you legitimately not understand why people are concerned about parachuting 25'000 undocumented refugees into Canada in 6 short weeks? Or the security risks it can cause?
And you think having safety concerns translates to disliking people from other countries? Have you considered speaking to someone medically about your phobia that everyone you encounter is a racist?

What I understand is that the "concerns" go deep than just what happened in Paris. How is this different from what we've dome in the past i.e. bring in loads of undocumented people (refugees) from elsewhere? To think this doesn't have xenophobic underlying to it, is to think Santa is real

Jarnhamar said:
Do you legitimately not understand why people are concerned about parachuting 25'000 undocumented refugees into Canada in 6 short weeks? Or the security risks it can cause?
And you think having safety concerns translates to disliking people from other countries? Have you considered speaking to someone medically about your phobia that everyone you encounter is a racist?

opcougar said:
What I understand is that the "concerns" go deep than just what happened in Paris. How is this different from what we've dome in the past i.e. bring in loads of undocumented people (refugees) from elsewhere? To think this doesn't have xenophobic underlying to it, is to think Santa is real

What? Santa isn't real? Oh man.....now you've done it.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with the refugees. I do have a problem with them not being properly screened.

opcougar said:

5000 refugees over 5-6 months vs 25'000 over 5-6 weeks.
The former didn't run the very real risk of terrorists being embedded in their ranks. Terrorists who have just murdered over 100 people less than a week ago with the promise of murdering even more.

Even more stupid, is listening to Senator Ted Cruze (son of Mexican Immigrants), telling the president to only allow Christian Syrians into the US.  ::)

Jarnhamar said:
5000 refugees over 5-6 months vs 25'000 over 5-6 weeks.
The former didn't run the very real risk of terrorists being embedded in their ranks. Terrorists who have just murdered over 100 people less than a week ago with the promise of murdering even more.

More than that, they also brought down an air plane and blew up a bomb in Beirut to name but a few incident that happened in the past week. 

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/11/19/national/crime-legal/online-magazine-islamic-state-claims-killing-japanese-bangladesh/#.Vk0NgHarSUk

In online magazine, Islamic State again claims killing of Japanese in Bangladesh
NOV 19, 2015
CAIRO –
The Islamic State militant group again laid claim to the killing of a Japanese agricultural worker in northern Bangladesh in early October in their recently released online magazine.

Just after Kunio Hoshi, 66, was shot dead by unidentified assailants on his way to a farming project in the Rangpur district on Oct. 3, a group claiming to be an Islamic State cell said online that they were responsible for the killing.

Japan, the most pacifist of all nations isn't even immune to attacks from these guys.  I'm pro refugee but also think we should be fighting IS, rather than putting our tails firmly between our legs and running. 

...and I concur with you. But lets not kid ourselves that the issue here is only about "proper screening". I was at a place on Monday, and the utter garbage coming out of the mouth a guy standing beside me to his gf/wife about the Syrian migrants was despicable. A lot of born and bred Canadians don't even work or paid tangible amounts into the EI pot , and they somehow think they are better than hard working minority immigrants or refugees willing to do odd jobs to feed their families.

To the average Canadian, 25k refugees is going to have no impact on their standard of living. I mean if you are a high school dropout, no skills, menial job worker, how is a bunch of refugees scattered all over the country bound to affect you?  ::) People that have stuff going on for them in the lives don't complain, it's the ones with a lot of time on their hands with a sense of entitlement that vent / hold the xenophobic stance.

Hamish Seggie said:

Seriously, I don't have a problem with the refugees. I do have a problem with them not being properly screened.

....and I'll subscribe to that! France has gone all out judging by the pics on NBC world news today, dropping ordnance like a boss on targets in Syria.

Humphrey Bogart said:
More than that, they also brought down an air plane and blew up a bomb in Beirut to name but a few incident that happened in the past week. 

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/11/19/national/crime-legal/online-magazine-islamic-state-claims-killing-japanese-bangladesh/#.Vk0NgHarSUk

Japan, the most pacifist of all nations isn't even immune to attacks from these guys.  I'm pro refugee but also think we should be fighting IS, rather than putting our tails firmly between our legs and running.

opcougar said:
Even more stupid, is listening to Senator Ted Cruz (born in Canada, son of Mexican Immigrants a Cuban father and American mother), telling the president to only allow Christian Syrians into the US.  ::)
FTFY  ;D

opcougar said:
it's the ones with a lot of time on their hands with a sense of entitlement that vent / hold the xenophobic stance.

Speaking of which, think this would look good on the door to my room?

No_Xenos_allowed.png

Hamish Seggie said:

I concur. What is with these people that don't understand this obvious point?

Jed said:
I concur. What is with these people that don't understand this obvious point?
Because any perceived deviation from the narrative is considered heresy and must be denied, shouted down and eliminated.  SJWs in action.

opcougar said:
...and I concur with you. But lets not kid ourselves that the issue here is only about "proper screening". I was at a place on Monday, and the utter garbage coming out of the mouth a guy standing beside me to his gf/wife about the Syrian migrants was despicable. A lot of born and bred Canadians don't even work or paid tangible amounts into the EI pot , and they somehow think they are better than hard working minority immigrants or refugees willing to do odd jobs to feed their families.

To the average Canadian, 25k refugees is going to have no impact on their standard of living. I mean if you are a high school dropout, no skills, menial job worker, how is a bunch of refugees scattered all over the country bound to affect you?  ::) People that have stuff going on for them in the lives don't complain, it's the ones with a lot of time on their hands with a sense of entitlement that vent / hold the xenophobic stance.

Really, your defence is to just say a lot of Canadians don't work so they're opinions don't matter? For the record, I am employed, have a masters degree, and still believe that bringing in refugees with no vetting is ill considered. What percentage of Sunni/Shia/allawite are we bringing? Christians? How do we ensure were not allowing anti-Semites in (since Syria supported Hezbollah)? What about women/children who have PTSD from their war? Do we only bring educated middle class people who have trades? How do we decide which 25,000 meet our still undetermined criteria? First 25,000 in line?

Calling people xenophobic is immature... Grow up Peter Pan

PS- I'm confused by your comments. Your comments about poor people seem as prejudiced as those that you are against. So do you hate the poor then? Just albertans? One guy was prejudiced so clearly anyone with a bad job or who didn't finish high school doesn't meet your clearly high academic standards.

Finally, if you want to find self entitled people with a lot of times on their hands go hang out in any university in Canada... The liberal hotbeds of contrived outrage

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153213901157217&id=228735667216&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

A moving response from the family of one of the victims (apologies if the link does not work)

PS sorry for intruding on the debate ;D

opcougar said:
Even more stupid, is listening to Senator Ted Cruze (son of Mexican Immigrants), telling the president to only allow Christian Syrians into the US.  ::)

Ummm, Cruze's father is Cuban and his mother is American.

Or did we sleep though that whole giving up his Canadian citizenship debacle?

But I agree, it is more stupid. Especially when you consider Cruze is supposedly a Constitutional scholar and should know that his suggestion violates the establishment clause. :facepalm:

Almost as bad as the number of Governors who are looking for legislative ways to keep refugees from coming to their states.

Is it any wonder why people are cynical about the people they elect to office when they spend all of their time pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Back