• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not sure if I'm making a mistake

X2012

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys. I know this is one of those "you have to make your own decisions" things, but I think I just need some advice or information, if anybody has the time.

I'll just give you a little background first. I applied in the fall of 2008 for ROTP pilot in my first year of university and flat-out failed the medical. So I appealed the medical and won, which brings us to fall 2009. I applied again for ROTP pilot and ACSO, went on aircrew selection and only passed for ACSO. That was ok with me, and then I got a conditional job offer for it, the condition being that my medical came back ok. Then, of course, it doesn't.

This brings me to my current dilemma. I had applied to a pharmacy school just in case, because I know I want to be in the CF and Pharm O looked fairly interesting. I pretty much assumed I wasn't going to get in and was just doing it for practice so that I would have a back-up option. And then it turns out that I got in. So I'm all set to head off to the city in September for pharmacy school and apply again for ROTP.

My only problem now is that I'm starting to have doubts. What if I end up finding Pharm O really boring? What if there's too much paperwork? It was hard to find much information on the job (I did use the search function though  :)) I had been looking at MARS officer too, for a little while, I don't know, maybe I would like that better. I'm just not sure! I mean, with the aircrew trades, I've flown planes before and I know I'd love pretty much anything to do with one. Really, both pharmacy and MARS are things that I have absolutely no feel for. I want to serve my country in the best way that I can, but I just don't know how I figure out what that is.

I don't know. It's probably just my "this could actually be happening" nerves talking. Is anybody a Pharm O on here? Does anyone have some kind of advice?

Anyway, thanks for reading. Maybe I just needed to get this off my chest.

X

Just think about it twice...  Either you go strong as a pharmacist for .. let's say ... 15 years and then drown in boredom.  Or, be a pharmacist while waiting to be recruited and then you got your dream job!  If you have to go back to school to be accepted (because they don't hand out that million dollar equipment to anybody) then so be it! Unless if you don't want to make the effort to be accepted... then you can just go out and be another robot in today's working society.  I'd do everything I can to be accepted if I were you! But it's your life! You don't have to take my advise... I'm just a 15 year old... so

Good Luck

Nick

If you're worried about paperwork, do NOT join as an officer.  Don't waste our time.

A Pharm O would have tons of paperwork and responsibility.

Ditto to what Technoviking said.

Back