• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

new training program for people near windsor nova scotia

Slaw

Inactive
Reaction score
first off I don't know if this is the right sub-forum for this and I am in no way affiliated or getting any money to advertise this. I am just letting people know of a new "boot camp" fitness program if you are relatively close to the Windsor Nova Scotia area.

The owner of the gym I go to is putting on this boot camp fitness program which will help people prepare for the physical aspects of training in the military. There will be I think ten obsticales to conquer as well as a boxing circuit and many other different excersises. I was up there today to volunteer my help to set up the obsticles and other stuff and it is really looking great.
But anyway here is a link to the website about the program.

www.commandosfitness.ca

Again if the mods think I am trying to advertise please feel free to delete this thread.

They've got em out here too. Basically fitness Army style. You can get this for free you know? Go on a course, PT with the unit, or get a few guys together, and have them yell profanities at you to motivate you ;D

MedTech said:
They've got em out here too. Basically fitness Army style. You can get this for free you know? Go on a course, PT with the unit, or get a few guys together, and have them yell profanities at you to motivate you ;D

haha ya I know...just letting some people know about it that would like to join the military and might need some "help" getting motivated to get up to standard before the application process.

Slaw said:
haha ya I know...just letting some people know about it that would like to join the military and might need some "help" getting motivated to get up to standard before the application process.

It's a good idea :)

Hmm.. coming from someone who actually lives in Windsor, I might have to take a look into this.
Not being able to (choosing not to) send in my application until after things with my foot are sorted out is giving me plenty of time to work more on my physical fitness level, and this looks decent enough.

On a side-bar
Also for anyone in/around Windsor.... odds are the Meadow Pond  ice-fishing derby isn't going to be held on schedule this year (again), due to the lack of ice to ice-fish on! :mad:  :crybaby:

Upon visiting their webpage, it appears as though it is for people 12-16. Is that correct, or is that just a certain class?
If it is available to folks over 16:
Upon visiting their webpage, and seeing that it will cost $224 for one month :eek:......I think I'll save my money and exercise by aggressively swimming in Meadow Pond.

uncle-midget-boyd, what I gathered from looking at the site is that the "Youth Only" classes are for 12-16 year olds.  The others that are unspecified are for 12 years and up.  I thought $224 seemed a bit pricey too, but it's just over $11.00 per class. 
Personally, I think this looks to be more for the younger set than to provide "training for a job-related entrance test (i.e. RCMP, Fire, Armed Forces)" as the website says.

PMedMoe said:
Personally, I think this looks to be more for the younger set than to provide "training for a job-related entrance test (i.e. RCMP, Fire, Armed Forces)" as the website says.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion too, after visiting the link.
Myself, I think paying twenty dollars to gain access to the gym/weight room the school offers (weight room put together by the owner of the gym in town who also happens to be a teacher), and save myself a couple hundred dollars.

Back