• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Ships for the Navy

Fishfriend? Thought the common term was squidhead? What other terms are there? I always get a laugh from these things.

So 2.1 Bil. for all 3.
First one in 15.
So you yungins get in now you me be a Chief by on one of them 15.

...GO NAVY

All these subliminal messages we‘re secretly putting on the site now...
Anyone finding themselves shedding a tear upon hearing "heart of oak"?
Or perhaps you find yourself staring at the sea from the back of an ML longing for the day when you can play admiral, mwahaha

Actually we expect the first one in 2011...the 2015 was a mistake in the National Post.

I look out on Lake Superior through my house window and say...

"****, I‘m glad I‘m not out there"

:D

Originally posted by Ex-Dragoon:
[qb] Try the North Atlantic in Jan or Feb and its even worse. [/qb]
You Gray Funnel types :rolleyes:
Become a real Seaman,join the real Navy,the Merch. ;) :D

Yup the Western Ocean or the Pond as boys from the Rock call it is a b#$ch.
We were going over to Europe with lumber which was also loaded on deck all chained down 20‘above the main deck and we hit a gooder!! :eek: and the cargo started to shift and we had to go out and tighten the turn buckles to stop the shifting what a thrill that was.

My scariest trip was from Japan to Brazil across the Indian Ocean with steel.We were a 40,000 tonner and the cargo of steel was only 10‘ high in the holds and we hit the outer edges of a cyclone!!We had to climb down into the hold to YUP tighten the turn buckles, as the ship‘s getting battered we get down there and it was spooky!!The dunnage supporting the cargo creaking and at the same time the motion of the ship and storm echoing in the hold.The only time I was ever scared at sea.
Yup "Dear Mrs Earl,he was squished by some steel! :eek: :D

Originally posted by Tyrnagog:
[qb] Squished by steel... a very noble way to go.. [/qb]
Yeh right, :D I could have ended up in your Mums 75 Honda.

Originally posted by Ex-Dragoon:
[qb] Actually we expect the first one in 2011...the 2015 was a mistake in the National Post. [/qb]
Getting back on topic,I hope they do a good job designing these ships.
I know what happens when the "Owners" go cheap.
It puts the lives of those who sail on Her in jeopardy.

I think they tend to do good jobs on the ships built here, as with any ship there were growing pains getting the CPF‘s operational but they turned out to be fine ships.

I‘d still like to see the navy expanded;
Carriers, more submarines (homegrown submarines, no more billion dollar lemons)
....yyyeah....that‘ll happen

Just remember how long its taking to replace the Sea King...Canada will get an aircraft carrier the day everybody throws down their arms and declares world peace...then we come in and conquer them all, muahahahahahahha.

The sad thing is you‘ve seen right through my plan....back to the drawing board Che.

I long for the day when the world trembles at the sight of the Maple leaf.
Long live the eternal empire of Canada.

LOL

Back