• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New recruiting numbers

derael said:
I don't think the intake numbers have any correlation to how "cool" you think the GTA is.

It's actually pretty warm here today!  ::)

derael said:
I don't think the intake numbers have any correlation to how "cool" you think the GTA is.

Just simple math my friend. Dont make fun

P.S. Toronto is the center of the universe

*Milnet.ca staff edit for site policy*

For what it's worth, I talked to my Career Counsellor today - he said that regions were allocated a specific number of spots.  However, there were also a number of spots "banked" nationally so if a certain region needed additional slots that they'd be made available.

I don't quite understand the system...

Grando said:
For what it's worth, I talked to my Career Counsellor today - he said that regions were allocated a specific number of spots.  However, there were also a number of spots "banked" nationally so if a certain region needed additional slots that they'd be made available.

I don't quite understand the system...

It makes perfect sense to me not that I agree with the system.  They probably (guessing) looked at the recruiting history of each region and allocated positions and quotas for various occupations that the region had done well in recruiting for in the past.  Also, if a region that was not assigned enough or no positions for a certain occupation and has a super qualified applicant then they can ask the recruiting group for another position.

Or they could have used physics to assign the quotas.

I should rephrase - I understand the system, but why have quotas allocated to each region?

You could achieve the same end without placing the restriction on individual regions by just having a national quota that everyone hires out of.

The allocation of vacancies is based on historical data and input from the centres. For example although there are 10 CFRC's not everybody gets 10% of the vacancies. Some areas have a much bigger population base to draw from than say New Brunswick or the prairies. The economy also effects the allocation, Alberta is booming so recruiting is a little slower there. Certain occupations that are hard to fill are allocated without a HQ pot. Also those small in number each year (less than 10 spots) Medical Radiation Tech are held nationally and assigned from HQ. The remaining vacancies are spread out some what equally are are revisited each quarter for possible reallocation. So the SIP is assigned to each CFRC for them to fill but once those spots are full we can ask HQ for more . If HQ is out then we either wait until the next review or advise to wait until next year.

So if your CFRC is "out" you can ask if there are any national spots left. If they are gone then you may have to wait or choose someting else.

Hope this explains a few things.

CFR FCS

I have asked for a CT from res to reg effective date March 2010 and have talked to the cfrc in winnipeg about open positions.  I want to choose MSE Op and the cfrc says that there are no open positions for MSE but they say that open positions are different for CT members rather then people that walk in off the street.  Who is going to know if the positions will be available later or how does this all work?

Thanks for your help.

MedTechStudent said:
I'm gonna give the CFRC a call tomorrow and ask how many MedTech spots are left.  See if anyone there knows.  Fingers crossed.

I was told around 40 or so for land. That number was from a week ago, Med Tech will most likely be filled before the new year.

davidsonr_91 said:
I have asked for a CT from res to reg effective date March 2010 and have talked to the cfrc in winnipeg about open positions.  I want to choose MSE Op and the cfrc says that there are no open positions for MSE but they say that open positions are different for CT members rather then people that walk in off the street.  Who is going to know if the positions will be available later or how does this all work?

Thanks for your help.

I looked at the Strategic Intake Plan (SIP) for FY 10/11 for MSE OP - they plan on taking 169 External and 45 In-Service

Maelstrom said:
I was told around 40 or so for land. That number was from a week ago, Med Tech will most likely be filled before the new year.

You do realize the quote you replied to is 18 months ago right?  ;D

Thanks Robodad

I would imagine that means they will take 169 people off the street and 45 component transfers like me through the whole fiscal year. 

Are you a recruiter?

I used to be a Recruiter in the early 80s.  I now work with CDA and am involved with the next Fiscal Year crses and MOC/MOSID recruiting numbers

"In service" refers to both CTs from the Res F and OTs within the Reg F.

Back