• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Here...

3rd Herd said:
Welcome emmiee
it is nice to have another teacher here all the correcting grammer is driving me nuts. Try coming into the chat section

I think the higher up on the teaching evolutionary chair you are the worse ones grammar gets....lol.... thank you!

Hi I am new and just wanted to say hello. I am a dependant not in the military but I do see there are a lot of ladies in here that are in the same place. The military has been a part of my life from day one.

I have been through tours and done a lot of alone things because of the training. However I have not been directly touched as of yet with the war. I pray I don’t but I am sure I will eventually. My heart goes out to any who have been touched or hit with anything that is related to the war.

Okay then just wanted to say hello I will pop up again I am sure.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Rachel.  I am a mil. wife based in Ed.  I am also the new PR Rep. for Married to the Canadian Forces.  One of my friends suggested I join this site and I am glad I did. 

I hope to be able bounce ideas off you all, get some fact when needed and offer any help that any of you may need.  MCF runs a number of campaigns, but I am always eager to post campaign info from other sites.  I think the more opportunities we have to get involved in supporting our troops the better.

See you around the board.

Rachel

Welcome to the group, as a mil wife you are familiar with military life with its ups and downs, its funny side and not so funny side. All things that you bring to this forum will be well received.

As a former soldier and the parent of a son going to A'stan on the next rotation, this forum is a blessing. A vast majority of those here will always make you smile with their replies, they have brightened many a day for me.

Welcome to both of you.

Being a military spouse is not an easy job......so my frau tells me all the time.    ;)

This site has a wealth of knowledge literally at the tips of your fingers, feel free to use it.

The Homefront concentrates on....well....the Homefront.

Pretty much any question on things from PMQs to support to recipies can be asked here and will be answered quickly.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.  I am still getting use to this, and was a bit confused as to where my post went.  I figured it out now lol. 

This site is amazing.  I have been browsing the different boards and have found out so much info in my short time here.  Who ever put all the acronyms up... THANK YOU.  I am still pretty new to the Reg. Force life and I have to admit from time to time I get mixed up with all the short forms.  I think a lot of mil. people who have been doing this for ages forget that some of us need to be brought up to speed lol.  So thank you for that.

Hello Everyone:

I'm new on the boards as well but not new to the CF.  I grew up with a father in the Navy and a mother in the RCMP.  All four grandparents served during WWII.  I did my 20 in the Navy, DH is still serving (Army) and we have many a warm fuzzy dinner conversation as to which element is the far better one.  We have a daughter and son-in-law that are both Navy (see, I won that conversation!) and 2 wonderful granddarlings now. 

I see a lot of postings from younger spouses, partners, GFs and SOs asking how does one manage when the partner goes away.  I recall very fondly a time in my younger days of complaining bitterly to my Grandmothers and mother about my DH being away for a year.  My mother who managed quite nicely to raise my brothers and I as well as hold down a career as a GD officer in the wilds of northern Canada while my dad sailed the seas for 9 months a year, just snorted.  My Grandmother on the other hand had lots to say.  I did naively think she was going to give me a heartwarming rendering of home fires burning brightly etc.  She said, "Your grandfather left for Singapore in 1941 and I never saw him again until 1946.  So when your husband has been gone for over 5 years and you've not heard from him nor even know whether he is alive or dead and you've worked to pay the bills and keep food on the table because his allotment stopped and every night you tell your children to pray that daddy is safe and you try to believe that as well, then and only then do you have the right to complain about how long your man is away for, until then keep your own counsel and do what you have to do for you and your children, letters and phone calls...bah".

After that, I never did see the shorter deployments as a hardship. 

Looking forward to having a few helmets on the table times and some laughs.

Well, from my outside perspective, you seem to have an amazing family...

Welcome to Army.ca, niner domestic !

Back