• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Here...

kaysea

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i'm just learning about the message boards and forums here! I can't believe i've never heard of this place before, but i'm so glad to have found this place, what a wonderful support for military spouses !
KC

Welcome to Army.ca. Before you start, please read the guidelines thoroughly. Pay attention to the parts about only speaking what you know about, posting only verifiable information, do not post one liners to raise your count, and please.... keep your questions sensible and on the level of the majority of the posters. Do not use MSN speak ,we like to be able to understand what your saying. Read for awhile and get a feel for how we operate. Enjoy, and once again welcome.

recceguy

Welcome to the forums. I saw you post this too on another one :) Glad your finding the support online

Kaysea

Welcome to army.ca. We (the staff and members) hope you enjoy your time with us. This is a good site and has lots of well researched information for you to use!

Cheers and see you around the site.

Slim

Hi, I just joined the boards, but am no stranger to the Canadian military.
My boyfriend has just recently joined battalion. He is in 2PPCLI in Shilo, Manitoba. Right now he is in Wainwright for the big "exercise." He has been in the army now for a little more than 9 months and will be  heading to "the sandbox" in Febuary. I will be living and going to school in Brandon (a stones throw away from Shilo). Anybody else posted there?

Theres a few guys here from 2PPCLI, but I doubt there gonna reply anytime soon, since the battalion is now in wainwright for the BTE.

I have been looking to get to Shilo for a couple years now...but obviously to no avail.

Anyway, welcome to the boards.

Welcome Melizard!

Armymedic,
"I have been looking to get to Shilo for a couple years now..."

I've never been but that is the first time I have heard that said. I have heard many say they want out of Shilo...

MG said:
Welcome Melizard!

Armymedic,
"I have been looking to get to Shilo for a couple years now..."

I've never been but that is the first time I have heard that said. I have heard many say they want out of Shilo...

I was surprised the first time I heard someone saying how much they wanted to be posted to Shilo. I think it is either a posting that you love or hate. Personally I am still in the process of learning to love it.

Personally I am still in the process of learning to love it.

That is what I am used to hearing. Please, nobody take offence! I have not even been to Shilo nor am I criticizing it. I am just going by what I have heard.

I'm new as well. My dh is in the airforce, an EGS tech. I'm not new to the military life either...been in it for about 5 years(to date) and loving it. We're on the west coast and having a great time. Just wanted to say hi. I see some familiar faces, thank goodness.  ;)

Welcome Kimmie,

I myself, am "new" to the military life. My husband has been in for just over 3 years now and I am currently awaiting the reserves to "own" me. I love being a part of this "family". I love living in the PMQs and making friends with everyone. They understand what I am going through and that makes it easier to cope.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you

S. Bradbury
    :cdn:

Armymedic said:
I have been looking to get to Shilo for a couple years now...but obviously to no avail.

How odd.

500 infanteers posted there would sell a portion of their reproductive organs to leave.

Did you try to get to Alert or Eureka for leave last year? Or was that "good go" taken?  ;D

I am new as well and after talking (emailing that is) Mike Bobbitt (i hope i got that correct) wanting to introduce myself to the forums. He felt this was the right forum to place such an introduction.

After joining the Forum's, I took my time and read a lot of the posts and subjects to get a 'feel' of the atmosphere here :) and finally got the nerve up to start posting to a few of the forums. Beleive me I only post to those things I actually have a comment or something to contribute too.  I think the into's are a nice idea. As I have not seen many I thought perhaps if more people saw them it would inspire them to post the same.

Ok here's goes. I am originally from Massachusetts/Rhode Island area but recently moved to Philadelphia. (Ha! she's from the U.S.) I am from the U.S. but I did live in the Kingston On area for 4 yrs. moving back to the U.S. which I had not planned on.
I have been in a committed relationship with a member of the CF's and now it has become a long distance relationship for few unforseen reasons.

Discovering these forums, for me, helps me keep more in touch with the events, and I like reading the comments from others in different areas of the military family. A few of the memebers do know me from here (in person that is) as I have either met them in person on my visits back to CFB Petawawa or talk with them on the phone.

My relationship is more with the U.S. Military as I was for several years a private contractor for the Defense Department, but I have come to know military is military wherever you are. :) Now I'm in the private sector working in the Philadelphia area as an administrator and teaching.

I like knowing more about 'you' all as it helps me understand more about what my s/o goes through on a day to day basis.

Thanks everyone (Mike) for helping me navigate through these forums.

If anyone would like to contact me or ask me anything don't be shy. You can email me through the forum or ask directly.

emmiee

Welcome emmiee
it is nice to have another teacher here all the correcting grammer is driving me nuts. Try coming into the chat section

Back