• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Group "takes aim at military messaging"

From the website: http://www.milcomspeakout.ca/MCSO/index.html

Military Communities Speak Out - apparently against Mr. Juarez...

Uniting Military Families, veterans, and serving member for Peace - (disregarding the apparent inability to consistently use capitals...) uniting them in a manner he probably did not foresee...against himself.

Announcing the creation of MilComSpeakOut.ca; a forum and information resource centre for the military community relating to criticism and perspective on Canada's mission in Afghanistan. - ...despite the fact that it lacks a forum and any information resources.  Lack of planning, specifically the putting the 'cart before the horse' aspect, seems to have occured here.

Military Communities Speak Out is a site for those unsatisfied by government policy and the bias of uncritical corporate media. We offer a meeting place for current and former members of the military to add their stories. - We? Is this the royal 'we' or is there a large anonymous (yet poorly funded) corporate structure backing him?  Perhaps someone in his corporate structure can volunteer some web design expertise?   

If you have family members or loved ones in the military and are opposed to this war, join us by sending an e-mail to milcomspeakout@yahoo.ca - Interesting, so the media is biased, but Juarez is not?  Apparently you must be linked to the military AND also have an unfavorable opinion in order to join this select fraternity.  Those with favorable opinions of the military apparently do not belong to the military community and need not apply...

This site is currently under construction. Please check back regularly as we continue to build... - I think this will be based on future donations...

485 - Mostly Milnet.ca members...

Mr. Juarez, please dont speak.... period.

GreyMatter said:
From the website: http://www.milcomspeakout.ca/MCSO/index.html
(....)
485 - Mostly Milnet.ca members...
(....)

My first good giggle of the day - thanks, GM!

milnewstbay said:
My first good giggle of the day - thanks, GM!

Fortunately my absence has not dulled my pen of sarcasm... but it sure takes a while to go through 13 pages of threads...

I do have a problem with the government policy, why don't they have policy against guys like him forming groups like that. If they could cook up something to control people like him it would make me very happy. Maybe when they get the website up and running I will post this on there too.

Having taught at CFLRS and potentially having some of the troops that I have helped trained deploy to and potentially die in A stan, I feel truly insulted.

I am a Canadian Sailor.  Francisco Juarez does not speak for me, my family, or my community.

Feet :cdn:

Unfortunately, our blood gets spilt on behalf of the governments they elect and in order to ensure they have the right to form such groups...

I hear you, I was saying it more for comic relief than anything else, the first part not the second.
Feet :cdn:

I wonder if they have an answer to this message: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/66263/post-615974.html#msg615974

And it begins - shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

Soldier's mom wants troops home
Gail Swainson, Toronto Star, 24 Sept 07
Article link

Her son has just returned from a tour of duty in Afghanistan and now a Canadian mother is laying the groundwork for her own military battle: to bring the rest of the troops home.

Andria Hill-Lehr of Canadian Military Communities Speak Out, a fledgling group of military families against Canada's presence in Afghanistan, makes it clear she unconditionally supports the troops.

"But that is not synonymous with supporting a warped political agenda," Hill-Lehr told a women's Steelworkers convention in Toronto yesterday.

"We do not support the mess in Afghanistan," she added. "We deplore the loss of life both in our military and of innocent civilians caught in the crossfire."

Hill-Lehr's son, 23-year-old Garrow Hill-Stosky, joined the military as a reservist at 16. He was deployed to Afghanistan on Dec. 8, 2006, returning June 30.

While the two don't always see eye-to-eye on the military's role in Afghanistan, "he respects my right to say what I believe.

"He says he is there fighting for his democratic rights," Hill-Lehr said in an interview later. "He embraces the ideals of peacekeeping."

New Democrat MP Peggy Nash (Parkdale-High Park) told the convention: "We ought to end this mission, we ought to bring our troops home."

Canada now has 2,300 troops serving primarily in Kandahar. Seventy Canadian soldiers and one diplomat have been killed since 2002.

Is this not the one that was stirring up the shyte when her son was on tour.......twit  ::)

Same twit, different pile.

Oh well, let her speak ... perhaps she'll get her facts right eventually -- talked about warped agendas.

It is hard when someone you love doesn't believe in the mission.  It does seem that they do respect eachother's opinions though. 

"New Democrat MP Peggy Nash (Parkdale-High Park) told the convention: "We ought to end this mission, we ought to bring our troops home.""

- So we can send them all out tree planting, right Peggy?

I am a Canadian Soldier.  Francisco Juarez does not speak for me, my family, or my community

Just an update. 

Four of you were good enough to buy t-shirts.  I've topped up the $4 in proceeds to $100, and the cheque is on its way to K'Har PRT fund as I type. 

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I'm somewhat busy over here in Afghanistan.....as is my partner.....for a just cause in which we believe.

I am a Canadian Soldier and neither Francisco Juarez nor MCSO speak for me, my family, or my community.

Oh, and we're both Reservists now; we volunteered, were accepted, and took a year off from our careers for this deployment, just as Juarez would have had to.
"War Resister" my ass.  ::)

Jopurneyman....
Never too late to speak up!

Chimo!

Wore my t-shirt this weekend at my TKD training camp.  There were a few chuckles.  ;D

One reply away from 100, and not a single person feel that MCSO represents them.  Seems suggesting they represent the military community is more than a little bit of a lie. 

here is #100

I am a Canadian Soldier and neither Francisco Juarez nor MCSO speak for me, my family, or my community.

Back