• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Group "takes aim at military messaging"

I am currently in the application process to become a Canadian Soldier, when I make it will be the proudest day of my life.  This dullard does not speak for me or my family and friends that support me.

soldierclearnl0.jpg

George Wallace said:
And this is supposed to mean what?  Are you going to comment on what you posted or just become a Troll?

I think he was making fun of a promanent "war resister".  But I do tend to be tendentious.

George Wallace said:
And this is supposed to mean what?  Are you going to comment on what you posted or just become a Troll?

Well George, Zell_Dietrich caught on but I'll explain it for you.

This fellow Francisco Juarez was a reservist when he became "a war resister", as you very well know.
A reservist, as you know, would in fact have to ASK to go to Afghanistan, the CF would not order him to go.
I've personally asked 4 times to go overseas, I was never at risk of being forced to go there.

I am indeed making fun of this fellow for the hole war resister blanket he wrapped himself in. He never had a problem with that mantle until he came under fire as this little fact came out then he back tracked.

Savvy?

Zell_Dietrich said:
I think he was making fun of a promanent "war resister".  But I do tend to be tendentious.

Sure you can assume that, and his post in reply to yours seems to vindicate himself, and agree with you; BUT he simply posted a jpg that could in fact be taken as trolling.......seeing as he didn't dignify his post with a comment one way or the other.  So......as they say about the word "assume", without clarification on his original intent, he could have been simply trolling.  Now he has stepped forward with the explanation that:

Flawed Design said:
Well George, Zell_Dietrich caught on but I'll explain it for you.

This fellow Francisco Juarez was a reservist when he became "a war resister", as you very well know.
A reservist, as you know, would in fact have to ASK to go to Afghanistan, the CF would not order him to go.
I've personally asked 4 times to go overseas, I was never at risk of being forced to go there.

I am indeed making fun of this fellow for the hole war resister blanket he wrapped himself in. He never had a problem with that mantle until he came under fire as this little fact came out then he back tracked.

Savvy?

I SAVVY just fine.  That was some assumption on your part to think all would take it as a simple joke on your part without any commentary to back up your post.  Your presentation sucks.  Better luck next time.

Flawed Design said:
Zell_Dietrich said:
I think he was making fun of a promanent "war resister". 
The sad thing is, I could see this poster being something that said "resister" (& his supporters) would think makes a lot of sense.  This joke contains the same basic message that was mailed to Valcartier & area residents. 

George Wallace said:
I SAVVY just fine.  That was some assumption on your part to think all would take it as a simple joke on your part without any commentary to back up your post.  Your presentation sucks.  Better luck next time.

Hey thanks George and sorry I confused you.

I've only been on the forum 2 years longer than you, and with close to 12'000 posts I figured you of all people would have picked up my sarcasim.

Though I guess if you didn't pick up on it then other members may not have.  Perhaps yes my presentation could have sucked and in the future with some of that fancy luck I shall take more care when dealing with implied intent  ;)

It was just a joke gone bad, and that is the end of it.

I am sure everyone now sees the true intent.

Thanks.

Flawed Design said:
Though I guess if you didn't pick up on it then other members may not have.

I was not sure of the intent, either.

Remember, this is an imperfect means of communication - no tone, body language, facial expression etcetera.

If something CAN be interpreted, it WILL be, by at least one of the hundreds or thousands that view it.

MCG said:
The sad thing is, I could see this poster being something that said "resister" (& his supporters) would think makes a lot of sense.  This joke contains the same basic message that was mailed to Valcartier & area residents. 

I happen to agree with you 100%.  I deal with anti-war people all the time.  And yes they would take the position that just because you're not in danger of being forced to go (yet) that you should still do the right thing and speak up for "the better way". From their point of view it is a cohesive set of values and actions. 

Like most people on this site,  I strongly disagree with the fundamental assumptions the "anti-afghanistan mission" crowd has made. I'm curious how this group will change its messaging now that there is a committee looking into it for Parliament.  (Most of the Liberals I know strongly support the mission and in fact that is their main reason for wanting to pitch Dion)

Reading the post about the anti-war protest in Victoria on 27 Oct, noticed that Mr Juarez is going to be there.

Of note, his site is STILL "under construction."

Strike said:
Reading the post about the anti-war protest in Victoria on 27 Oct, noticed that Mr Juarez is going to be there.

Of note, his site is STILL "under construction."

I noticed that too.

And I'm sure the majority of it's 900+ hits are from members of this site, waiting for a guestbook to be opened.

Back