• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Crown

IT’S THE SAME PERSON.…JFC…THE SAME PERSON. What part of this do you NOT understand? Where do you think the monarch derives their authority? How can a monarch, whose authority comes from God, be the titular head of an entire religion, and still be a shiny pony agnostic a 5 hour plane ride west?
Sure, it is the same person.

BUT THE OFFICE…JFC…IS DIFFERENT.

Judging No Way GIF by Cameo

IT’S THE SAME PERSON.…JFC…THE SAME PERSON. What part of this do you NOT understand? Where do you think the monarch derives their authority? How can a monarch, whose authority comes from God, be the titular head of an entire religion, and still be a shiny pony agnostic a 5 hour plane ride west?
Slow down, and take a deep breath.

Nobody has argued that it isn't the same person, just that the jobs are different. If you are assistant to the regional manager at your day job, and an uber driver at night, you remain the same person but your jobs are different. If I walked up to you at your desk and demanded a drive, you'd look at me like I was dumb.

Let's also be realistic here, monarchies in the modern age derive their authority from tradition, and back in ye olden days they derived their authority from violence and wrapped it in religion to make it seem nicer.

IT’S THE SAME PERSON.…JFC…THE SAME PERSON.
Well since you brought him up...
What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity? - Josh.org
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwi2ot_wuen-AhXWmmoFHdMEDnYQ0Qx6BAgFEAE
Josh.org
https://www.josh.org

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity? - Josh.org
The idea that God is three in one is confusing to many people. God exists as three persons, yet he is one being. Each person of the Trinity—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—has a separate identity while yet possessing the full nature of God.
Jesus is the divine Son of God. This does not mean that Jesus was created by God. We know this because Scripture states that Jesus has always co-existed with God (John 1:1-3). And while on earth, Jesus himself declared the same. Colossians 1:15-17 says, “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation. Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth…He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together.”
God the Holy Spirit is also deity. The Spirit has eternally co-existed with the Father and the Son and was present at creation (see Genesis 1:2). Jesus said of him, “I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate…He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth…When the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything I have told you” (John 14: 16, 26). Jesus called the co-existing Spirit holy because he is the Spirit of the Holy God, the third person of the triune Godhead. Rest assured that as you seek to know God, you will feel the presence and promptings of the Holy Spirit.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwi2ot_wuen-AhXWmmoFHdMEDnYQ0Qx6BAgFEAE
Josh.org
https://www.josh.org

It’s not the Crown. The Scots have one. It’s the secrecy around which it as been made. But the snowflake, noooot sure at all.
Other than another maple leaf, the Order of Canada's core badge is probably the cleanest swap for the orb-and-cross finial.

Fewer snowflakes present than on the (equally conception) diadem, at least.

Would be cool to see provincial and territorial stones added somewhere.

Other than another maple leaf, the Order of Canada's core badge is probably the cleanest swap for the orb-and-cross finial.

Fewer snowflakes present than on the (equally conception) diadem, at least.

Would be cool to see provincial and territorial stones added somewhere.
Sorry, those already went to PMJTs infinity gauntlet.

Sounds like they’re going to mess with the passport too. Sounds like it will be hideous too.

Still blue.

Still blue.

It still using St Edward's Crown, but will refer to the King. I can't believe that the National Post referred to him as the King of England. The last King of England, William III, died in 1702, he was also the last King of Scotland as well.

Also, another question I thought of, If someone is awarded a medal (after the death of the Queen) that still bears the Queen's image, would they be entitled to exchange it for the King Charles version once it is designed?

Also, another question I thought of, If someone is awarded a medal (after the death of the Queen) that still bears the Queen's image, would they be entitled to exchange it for the King Charles version once it is designed?
I was Comissioned last summer while Her Late Majesty was still reigning. The CAF being the CAF, my Commissioning Script didnt get ordered until this February. I received it last week.

Says Charles the Third, with Defender of the Faith still on it. Has the Canadian Coat of Arms with St. Edward's Crown on it, as well as the St. Edward's Crown on the Governor General's Seal. It's a hodgepodge of different things that are going to be changed with this new Canadian Crown and the Defender of the Faith removed, so it might be a collector's item if I kick the bucket and my kids want to sell it.

All that to say I think members will receive one with the new monarch once that is instituted (the mint still...remarkably.... doesnt have an approved effigy of HM the King because "Canadian Artists...blah blah..." ). We might end up seeing Her Late Majesty on our medals and coinage for the foreseeable future in this weird interim stage.

@mods... motion to rename this thread "Heritage undone" or something like that, because I'd like to talk about the new passport and I don't think a new thread is necessary as it's basically the same topic.

Those images aren't even representative of Canada. They're so generic they could be re-used by just about any country in the northern hemisphere.

I will never have one with the rules for getting passports. Three Generations of family born in Canada and service in military but can't get a passport because you need two witnesses to confirm who you are. We tend to stick to ourselves these days so no witnesses available anymore. I know, foolish to think a life time in the CAF would count for something.

Back