• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canadian citizen.When I can apply and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky777

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi people!
I just received Canadian citizenship.
I live in Canada 4 years.
Can I apply?
I visited Recruiting Center.They said that  I can apply for DEO.But my friends told me that I need to live minimum 5 years.

CDN Aviator said:
Enough said. Good Luck.
Thanks.
What about level of English?
As immigrant ,I don't speak as born Canadian.
I speak English pretty good and I can speak French (functional).
But I am not sure that my English is enough.
Are there any language requirements?

The Recruiting Centre said you can apply. They make the decisions, not us. If they said 'Come on in', quit asking us questions and go back to see them. They are the ones to tell you whether you meet the criteria, language, med specs, etc. Not us.

There is going to be a certain level of proficiency that you'll have to meet, but the Recruiting Centre will have the say in what that is. There is just too many variables, and too many unknows for us to try and guess your suitability. Your only real option is to 'go ask the Recruiting Centre'

recceguy said:
The Recruiting Centre said you can apply. They make the decisions, not us. If they said 'Come on in', quit asking us questions and go back to see them. They are the ones to tell you whether you meet the criteria, language, med specs, etc. Not us.
Yes, You are right.
About 4 years - it is clear,
But I forgot to ask about level language.
May be here people with the same background like mine?
I want to hear any advices or personal experience...

sky777 said:
Yes, You are right.
About 4 years - it is clear,
But I forgot to ask about level language.
May be here people with the same background like mine?
I want to hear any advices or personal experience...

I've heard people born in Canada that can barely speak English, let alone be functional in English, French and your first language. You seem to have the writing portion down, I would not worry about it too much.

George Wallace said:
This new Canadian Citizen is asking many of the same questions:  Zyllon -  I'm 40 years old. Can I join?
If you are talking about me, I just want to remark- I am second day here, on the forum.
You can see we are two different people- you can ask admin check IP adresses.
Good luck!

CDN Aviator said:
He is "admin" so i'm sure he checked already.
I have here only one nick.I don't play games with posting the same questions.Ask him about my IP.
Tomorrow I will go to recruiting center.I think it will be better.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Locked (for now)

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back