• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CADPAT...what's causing the availability delay?

And in seven years, with 90%+ of current members gone, if we were to eliminate those orders of dress, what would the effect be?

Canada's pseudo-Highland units were formed in craven attempts to appeal to ex-pat Scots in Canada. Continued utility of kilts etc is questionable at best.
And we can get rid of Dragoons, Hussars, Rifles, Fusiliers, and all their fancy uniforms and tell the RCR and Vandoos to stop wearing scarlet and white helmets (And the Vandoos should stop wearing Guards bearskins}

Maybe we should just have a green uniform for all......:LOL:

Not all of the kilted regiments are Highland regiments, one is Irish, some are Lowland, and some are Scottish without any territorial identification. The kilt today is part of regimental pride that brings together a unit regardless of their ethnic background. It works the same way as any other regimental symbol.

Having been part of a couple of different kilted units, and a 'trousered' unit, I didn't see any particular problems with people wanting to join a unit where they 'had to' wear a kilt.

OTOH, my unofficial survey suggests that - with the exception of a few individuals - the kilted units are more 'white' than the others.

And, with that, I declare this thread officially derailed ;)

OTOH, my unofficial survey suggests that - with the exception of a few individuals - the kilted units are more 'white' than the others.
I'm guessing that you are joking about this, with the exception of units that located in areas that have no significant minorities, they do tend to represent the local population. Now, I suppose it's possible that infantry regiments in general might be more white, but I am only basing that on your statement. Nothing says diversity more than someone wearing a turban and a kilt at the same time, which is now super common.

I'm guessing that you are joking about this, with the exception of units that located in areas that have no significant minorities, they do tend to represent the local population. Now, I suppose it's possible that infantry regiments in general might be more white, but I am only basing that on your statement. Nothing says diversity more than someone wearing a turban and a kilt at the same time, which is now super common.

Not on the West Coast. Kilts = 'Honkey Show', pretty much.

Actually, South Asians, and other Asian folks, are grossly underrepresented throughout the CAF out this way I would say. There are hundrefds of thousands of them, but few join the CAF, reserves or otherwise.

Actually, South Asians, and other Asian folks, are grossly underrepresented throughout the CAF out this way I would say. There are hundrefds of thousands of them, but few join the CAF, reserves or otherwise.
Move your armouries to Richmond/Burnaby/Surrey.

Recruiting problem solved.

I will take my $1000000000000 paycheck, thank you.

Move your armouries to Richmond/Burnaby/Surrey.

Recruiting problem solved.

I will take my $1000000000000 paycheck, thank you.

I have heard that since 1980.

Nothing was done of course, except for spending 70 million on a huge armory in downtown Vancouver - with the Seaforth regiment/ platoon - where recruiting is the lowest, and always has been, in BC.

Today we can see the results of that inaction!

Maybe its time for oh I dunno ... a Sikh unit of some sort?

Having been part of a couple of different kilted units, and a 'trousered' unit, I didn't see any particular problems with people wanting to join a unit where they 'had to' wear a kilt.
There is a danger in using people who joined a Scottish unit as the sample population for assessing why people might not join a Scottish unit.

Attachments

• 2C36C549-E7FB-46FF-B471-2E2B21E31E22.jpeg
    2C36C549-E7FB-46FF-B471-2E2B21E31E22.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 17
The new pattern has been selected, they even have it printed out in quantities enough for uniforms, bush caps and rain gear. However, they don't want to have individual pers in mixed patterns (lol) because they haven't sorted out PPE / LCE (to include rucksack, daybag, tac vest) which isn't due to roll into use until ~2028 and the LIBs might get it because DICE/SOCEM-minor starts issuing out 2023.

In short, we still suck at managing basic equipment procurement, and the only people wearing the actual pattern have been CDS comd teams and other GOFOs with their CWOs.
Wait so we decided on the new uniform, modified camo pattern, and have enough material for initial uniforms, rain gear, bush caps, etc

But we haven’t put it into circulation yet because it may not match our new tac vest, which is due in…2028??

They know it’s 2022, right? Not issuing the new uniform because things may be different in 6 years is just…well…silly. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Can we go out and grab somebody from McDonald’s corporate side? When they decide on a new uniform or uniform change, that seems to be implemented countrywide within a few days. Maybe the special folks in Ottawa could be humble enough to learn a few things?

(Sit down JTF, not talking about you. You just keep doing you.)

When I say that I am serious. AFAIK the orthodox Sikhs - I know a few here - are the warrior caste. You could conceivably start one and allow whoever to join.
Serious question - are non-Sikhs allowed to wear the Turban and have the rest of the 5 Ks? It's one thing for a cultural wardrobe, but Sikhism is also religious.

Can we go out and grab somebody from McDonald’s corporate side? When they decide on a new uniform or uniform change, that seems to be implemented countrywide within a few days. Maybe the special folks in Ottawa could be humble enough to learn a few things?
...like we have the budget of McDonalds...

kramer GIF

The new pattern has been selected, they even have it printed out in quantities enough for uniforms, bush caps and rain gear. However, they don't want to have individual pers in mixed patterns (lol) because they haven't sorted out PPE / LCE (to include rucksack, daybag, tac vest) which isn't due to roll into use until ~2028 and the LIBs might get it because DICE/SOCEM-minor starts issuing out 2023.

In short, we still suck at managing basic equipment procurement, and the only people wearing the actual pattern have been CDS comd teams and other GOFOs with their CWOs.
So what I hear is MultiCam would have been cheaper and easier to field….

Serious question - are non-Sikhs allowed to wear the Turban and have the rest of the 5 Ks? It's one thing for a cultural wardrobe, but Sikhism is also religious.

Do you mean someone who converted or someone who wants to abuse what's left of the dress regs?

Technically, the way the dress regs are worded, all Sikhs must wear all five.

That being said, there are a lot who only wear the bracelet.

Back