• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CADPAT Cbt Gloves

Are these a POS, or what?

• kinda Don't Like

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • kinda Like

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • kinda Don't Like

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Dont Like them

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
BTW, I really like the new CADPAT cbt glove for what it is made for. I find the dexterity fairly good, and they fit excellently.

Since I only have one pair (at a time) to trial, do you not find the finger seams interfere between the pads of you fingertips and the surface you are touching?

Tom

I completed my basic mountain ops course using the CADPAT gloves throughout.  No problems at all, and I did numerous rappeling descents from 200 metres as well as climbing and various other rope related tasks.  Dexterity was fine, even with a liner glove beneath them.  Good piece of kit in my opinion.

Interesting. I had taken a shine to the Mortar gloves
The feel of the Cadpat gloves just didn't "feel" tough enough to survive the stresses of repeated Rappels. Guess I'm going to have to give these puppies a second look.

Armymedic said:
Nothing personal, vern, but seeing how your the SME in the area....
While this way of procurement may be financially prudent, that is just wrong on so many levels. Why can't every soldier have this kit...why can say 3 RCR buy gloves and have them, but 1 and 2 RCR do not? This is one of those non unit specific tasks that every field unit who may provide some sort of difficult terrain capability should have.

Does this mean if 2 Fd Amb doesn't deem it req'd to issue a specific type of kit (like rappel gloves) medics can't get them?
I know what you mean Armymedic. You will recall the days of when the budgets were centralized and we bought everything for everyone. Then specific Units decided that they wanted specific things instead of what everyone else got because they had 'different' jobs to do than everyone else and thought they could manage their monies better. Budgets were then de-centralized and Units received their own budgets for their 'specialized' needs. So, now the Units having the responsibility to purchase those 'specialized requirements' and the funding to do it with, and if they're not...I can't explain it. Perhaps the specific "unit" has found something they'd rather spend the monies on?

Edited to add: 2RCR did go out and buy their rapelling gloves.

I find the gloves arent very warm but they are pretty good for shooting, jus my opinion

gloves aren't lined.
Aren't designed to be "warm"  try using a liner
otherwise
Get your hands (pun) on some of the new Mortar Goves.

I was always told that these gloves were not to be used for rappelling. The instructions that came with basically imply that they're not to be used for much more than light duties. I think they're alright, but we need a glove with more insulation that also provides dexterity. My favorite gloves are still my Thinsulate driving gloves,  they're cheap, and better than any of the issued pairs.

Those gloves are good for RSM's parades and for what they were intended for, as weapons handling gloves. They serve their purpose beautifully provided you get a tight fitting set. If you do like some people do and get a larger size they are useless. and dont ever try and work in them( as directed) or your hands will come out badly beaten    ( like mine did while digging in).

Are you saying that had you not used the gloves your hands would have been better off?

Back