• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need some info from your personal experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

735_winnipeg

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I will be deploying to Afghanistan next yr.  To be honest, I'm a little nervous, and excited, about it but it's what I wanted to do and it's what I signed up for.  I just wanna hear any personal stories from any persons that have been over there recently.  To be exact, any of the little things that pre-deployment training don't cover like how are the ppl like there, what I should be looking out for, etc.  Thanks.

Ask your chain of command.
Ask your peers, some of whom, when you do your pre-training, will have been there before.
Ask the instructors and mentors during your pre-training.
Pay attention during your pre-training classes.
Find someone from your unit or another unit in town who's been there, buy him/her a bevvy in a quiet place and listen to them.
Google "Afghanistan Culture"
Google other combinations of words to do with Afghanistan, Afghan people, Mujahadeen, Taliban, Kandahar, Afghan War.  Read it.
Find and read "The Bear Went Over The Mountain", "Afghan Guerilla Warfare" and whatever articles by LCol Lester Grau you can find.
Read "Afghanistan: The Bear Trap" online.
Ask your chain of command.

Don't rely on anonymous people online to prepare you.  Find out some info yourself by reading and talking to those who've been.

Good luck in your search.

735_winnipeg said:
Hi, I will be deploying to Afghanistan next yr.  To be honest, I'm a little nervous, and excited, about it but it's what I wanted to do and it's what I signed up for.  I just wanna hear any personal stories from any persons that have been over there recently.  To be exact, any of the little things that pre-deployment training don't cover like how are the ppl like there, what I should be looking out for, etc.  Thanks.

Uhm,

Would this help www.army.ca  or www.milnet.ca or www....

I think you get the picture.

Dude, the site is full of posts, threads and story of what you are looking for...

dileas

tess

Locked, unless there is any viable reasons I can accept to keep this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back