• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need answer on back pay

poko

Inactive
Reaction score
I was due for a promotion since april of last year. Iam QL5 qualifiy. I got some reserve time. Because of a incident there are holding my promotion.  Can they do that?  Will i get my back pay from when i hit the promotion date or will i get nothing ??

If your promotion is being held "because of an incident", then it is very unlikely that you will receive backpay to your original date of eligibility. Your promotion will most likely date from the point at which your Commanding Officer decides you are suitable for promotion.

poko said:
I was due for a promotion since april of last year. Iam QL5 qualifiy. I got some reserve time. Because of a incident there are holding my promotion.   Can they do that?   Will i get my back pay from when i hit the promotion date or will i get nothing ??

Do the crime, do your time. It was obviously serious enough that your CO decided that you were not worthy. As for promotion back pay? Not likely as you being with held from promotion is a form of punishment.

Don't sweat it, keep your head up and soldier on. It's not all about the money all of the time!

hello tehre, i wa wondering if i am eligible for back pay...i completed my 2 years as of june 24th, i just received my promotion on october 6th to bombadier...so am i eligible for back pay for the days i worked between june 24th and october 6th...i have mixed answers on this..i want to bring it up with my pay clekr but do not have time as of yet...thanks :)

From what I can gather you are in the 021 trade & in the reserves;
Per LFCO 29-12:
to complete ALL of your trade's DP1 requirements you need: BQ, SQ & Fd Arty mods 1 thru 4 AND your Comanding officer's recomendations..............
If you had everything, then there is a good chance that you might be entitled to some retro.... which they should put thru for you..... ask what your "effective date" is...

If you want, PM me with your SN, I can look up your dates & give you an educated answer.

Back