• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy equivalent to AJOSC?

probably no, but I would think that the Operations room officer course maybe close.

CDN Aviator said:
Maritime warfare Standard Course
MWSC is only two weeks long. Since NOC (Naval Operations Course)/NOPME and AJOSC both grant OPME credits, I have a hunch that it's closer to the AJOSC. I think the ORO course is closer to the Army Operations Course in terms of DP level (i.e. the terminal DP2 course).

ltmaverick25 said:
Just curious if there is a navy equivalent to the army's AJOSC.
You must mean AJOSQ, where Q = 'qualification.

There is no course, but there are several training requirements and it is a prerequisite for ATOC and AOC.  Some of AJOSQ is online DL, some of it is unit directed training, and other parts are specific OPMEs.

Being a long-time navy guy still on the coast, and as someone who has completed his AJOSQ, and is waiting to do the ATOC - I can state that the Navy does not have anything like AJOSQ. 
That said, I doubt there would be a benefit for it.  Outide of a few of the modules, I doubt that even the army people see much benefit to AJOSQ.  From what I've heard, ATOC is a bit better, and AOC is supposed to get good from a learning point of view. 

Back