• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

National" Borders- Trouble at The Cornwall Crossing

Colin P said:
They need to go in there with enough force with ROE's/political backing sufficent to make it unwise to confront the police force or not go back and put up a big sign saying:

“Past this point there is no police service and anyone proceeding shall take whatever steps required.”

Pretty quick there will be no teachers, healthcare workers, tradesman etc. Harsh but realistic

Most Native Reserves are policed by "Native peacekeepers". This Reserve is Policed by the OPP which also have a very bad and chaotic history with Natives. I think Native peacekeepers, policing native reserves is the best bet.

I DONT CONDON THE NATIVES MISTREATING AND EJECTION OF THE OPP THOUGH :p Don't get a wrong message, but i think of it this way; if my police force for say. The Niagara Regional Police was all Natives it would be akward and there would be disputes. As all the OPP on the Island (IM GUESSING) where not of native backround. I do get what your saying though, it seems some Reserves are destroying what we simply give them.

Police enforce the law.  If you have an issue with the police, you are clearly in favor of breaking the law.  Unfortunately, when a native group shows that they will become violent, the law no longer applies to them and they get to do whatever they want.  So there is little wonder why they have taken to violence in order to make the pesky law enforcers go away. 

Keep the free stuff coming, just get rid of the fun governors. 

zipperhead_cop said:
Police enforce the law.  If you have an issue with the police, you are clearly in favor of breaking the law.  Unfortunately, when a native group shows that they will become violent, the law no longer applies to them and they get to do whatever they want.  So there is little wonder why they have taken to violence in order to make the pesky law enforcers go away. 

Keep the free stuff coming, just get rid of the fun governors.

Totally agree; according to article this isn't the only time this has happened. Until the OPP (or other similar circumstances) find a remedy to fix the issue a backbone must become apparent or else precedent will show itself and over and over again the Natives on this Island will do the same thing.

Cut off all their funding and social programs until they allow the OPP back in. If they don't want government law, they get nothing else from the government.

Of course McSquinty will just bury his head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening. Just like Caledonia and Cornwall.

He'll be the first to catterwall though, after the next election when another party wins and decides to do something constructive.

recceguy said:
Cut off all their funding and social programs until they allow the OPP back in. If they don't want government law, they get nothing else from the government.

From what I understand, it's even lamer than that.  The location was originally and is supposed to be native policed.  They were not up to the task and abandoned their post.  Anarchy ensued and the OPP went in at the request of the band leaders (who probably were having a hard time stealing the band funds with all the lawlessness) and that is the only reason they were there. 
If the natives don't want the OPP there, well... Via con Dios.  Dump it back to FN policing.  It's their problem. 

Back