• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name Tapes

For anyone who might look to this as an example, no, not wearing a nametag that you were not issued will not be a problem for you.

Don't sweat this stuff.

I just graduated yesterday and didn't get any either. I just got mine in the mail today from Cpgear, Id rather have them than not. The last month no one has been issued name tapes at CFLRS.

a Sig Op said:
The longer you don't have a name tag, the longer no one knows your name, hang on to that special ability as long as possible.

Own your name, be known and be awesome.

People who hide behind no name tag tend to be lazy and  useless in the general perception. Don't be that guy, I always tell new guys to the boat to spend some Sea Pay on name tags.

Moore said:
I just graduated yesterday and didn't get any either. I just got mine in the mail today from Cpgear, Id rather have them than not. The last month no one has been issued name tapes at CFLRS.

So, you may be the only one with a nametag?

WeatherdoG said:
Own your name, be known and be awesome.

People who hide behind no name tag tend to be lazy and  useless in the general perception. Don't be that guy, I always tell new guys to the boat to spend some Sea Pay on name tags.

Or, alternately, be a good leader and don't prod folks who make significantly less than you to waste money on something they'll be issued for free.

Bonus leadership points if you follow up and check to make sure that they were in fact actually ordered.

a Sig Op said:
Or, alternately, be a good leader and don't prod folks who make significantly less than you to waste money on something they'll be issued for free.

Bonus leadership points if you follow up and check to make sure that they were in fact actually ordered.

Yeah, I'm not telling anybody they should go outside the CF supply system, it's just a choice I made for myself. I admit competing for the Greyman trophy was high in my mind when I made that purchase :p

I almost wore the blank OD name tape that came with the gas mask carrier on my combat shirt while I waited for name tapes to arrive.  ;)

On a side note : Thanks to CP Gear for shipping out my order so quick.  Happy customer here. 

My entire roto didn't have name tapes aside from the guys that deployed previously. They weren't even ordered by the time we left. 'Budget cuts'.

Lare said:
....... They weren't even ordered by the time we left. 'Budget cuts'.

If they were not ordered by the time you left, I would hesitate to claim "Budget cuts".  More likely a failing of CC to send off a nominal roll to order them. -- Administrative Failure.

George Wallace said:
If they were not ordered by the time you left, I would hesitate to claim "Budget cuts".  More likely a failing of CC to send off a nominal roll to order them. -- Administrative Failure.

Agreed. CoC failed.

George Wallace said:

Nope. Nominal roll was sent. They were specifically not ordered until the new fiscal year because there was no budget left for them. Maybe not 'budget cuts'. But definite lack of funds.

Lare said:
Nope. Nominal roll was sent. They were specifically not ordered until the new fiscal year because there was no budget left for them. Maybe not 'budget cuts'. But definite lack of funds.

Still boils down to "POOR P&P" on someone's part. 

Over Christmas holidays I received an order of High Vis Naval Nametapes. They are on CADPAT with the white embroidering and the anchor precedes the name. We are not sure why they came in as no-one ordered them. Previously I was wearing the black on olive, with the anchor after the name. Does anyone know if these are authorized? I am currently wearing CADPAT as I am in an army position atm.

bedbathbeyond666 said:
Over Christmas holidays I received an order of High Vis Naval Nametapes. They are on CADPAT with the white embroidering and the anchor precedes the name. We are not sure why they came in as no-one ordered them. Previously I was wearing the black on olive, with the anchor after the name. Does anyone know if these are authorized? I am currently wearing CADPAT as I am in an army position atm.

Think you might have answered your own question.

bedbathbeyond666 said:

AFAIK, there is no such thing as "high-vis Navy" nametags. We're supposed to wear black on olive with CADPAT.

I was actually told today my High-Vis Naval name tapes were ordered in error and I am not to wear them anymore. Back to black on olive.

Back