• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name Tapes

recceguy said:
Hey, hey now. It's been the Navy screaming for all the extraneous bling it could possibly get for years. Don't be deploying the sea anchor because some shore bound swabby decides to get their 'leading change' bubble filled! Not everyone wet gets to wear an executive curl after all. ;D
Just trying to keep up with all the boy scout badges the other kids get... don't want to feel that Mum doesn't love us.

medicineman said:
She doesn't - get over it  ;D.

MM

Ha! Mum loves us alright, she just knows that the two younger boys need constant re-enforcement with gongs and bling to make up for their inadequacies!

:evil: :evilrifle: :nana: :duel: :bigfight: 

You are all missing the most important issue raised by this "anchor": Will all other Commonwealth naval personnel think we are all leading seaman ??? :)

Good Point, I say leave it for the Cadpat, also with the new sea service insignia coming out might cause more confusion.

Hey, so I'm kind of in a pickle since I wasn't issued my nametapes for combats at BMOQ. Therefore, I'm ordering them online from CP Gear, and thus far my setup looks like this:

CADPAT, Crossed Swords Before the name, High Visibility Thread.

Is this correct? The only thing I'm mostly worried about is the thread colour for the name since I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

Link: http://www.cpgear.com/store/nametapes_and_nametags/military_nametapes.htm

If you are Army the thread colour for the name is High Visibility.

I wouldn't spend the money to buy the name tapes, you should get them through your SQ/CQ/RQ/Base clothing stores...

I had bought two off CP Gear, It took us a year and a half to receive four from the regiment I'm at..

The longer you don't have a name tag, the longer no one knows your name, hang on to that special ability as long as possible.

Stacked said:
.........  I thought the element was on the right side on all name tapes, could be wrong though.

But that would mean "UNIFORMITY" in CAF uniforms.  >:D

Yeah, I might be loaded on Phase 2 this summer and I don't exactly want to show to Gagetown without a name tape. That would be very bad.

Chelomo said:
Yeah, I might be loaded on Phase 2 this summer and I don't exactly want to show to Gagetown without a name tape. That would be very bad.

They'll button one on you if you don't.

It's worth buying a couple name tapes, tunic, rain coat, ice jacket etc. You might one get issued one for a while.

Chelomo said:

Because?

Pay for what, not having something because you weren't issued it?

I bet a bag of donut holes its more concern WRT LCF.  ;)

I have no idea what those abbreviations mean! But I did order my nametapes, so I will be okay.

I'll take the donut holes anyway.

Back