• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My story

Pinggew

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Wesley and I would like to share my story with you!

So my story starts in December of 2012. I was currently attending school for web design although it could have taken me to a good career it was not for me. So I decided to search the web for occupations that I could achieve without having extensive knowledge or the need to speak french and that is when I came across the Forces website. I looked at many of the trades (knowing that I didnt want to go army) and I decided that the Navy would be the best root for me, So I applied. It didnt take long for them to respond and ask me for all the supporting paper work. Next thing I knew was I was being scheduled for a CFAT ( I could not go to the first CFAT they scheduled because I was going to do some humanitarian work in Africa). I ended up passing the CFAT with flying colours but was told that the other trades I was choosing were very competitive so I was left with my first original choice, Mar Eng. As you can tell everything was going quite smooth until the medical came along... I personally thought the medical would be the easiest part, for me, it was not. I went in to the recruiting office that morning eager excited for the possibility of having a career in the forces. Just before I went into the office one of the recruiting officers looked at me and said "Dont say anything you'll regret". That is one sentence that I will not forget. If you know me I am brutally honest person so when the medical officer asked me about my medical history I told her everything (Which looking back was the right choice because Honesty is Policy). I told her that I had an epi-pen when I was a child because I had a reaction to hornets that sent me to the hospital. About a month later I received a letter telling me that I was not fit for duty because of their universal fitness policy. The letter said that if I wanted to fight that I had to prove to them that I was no longer allergic to hornets.

So over the next couple of months I went back and forth to the allergy center here in Moncton. I finally got a letter stating that I was not allergic to hornets so I ecstatically went into the recruiting office and dropped off the sheet. About a month and a half later I got another letter saying that I needed a doctor to write a letter stating that I am not allergic to hornets and that there is no reason to fear me having another reaction. My doctor did so and I sent those letters back to Ottawa ( in august) ... and the waiting began. I waited, and I waited. I called the medical office several times in October and November always received the same response " your file is still being processed" ... Lovely. Late December I finally got the letter I was waiting for, My file has been approved. I then found out that while my medical was in Ottawa my file expired. So in early january I had to re-apply and everything has gone well. Just finished my interview last week and waiting for the security check to get merit listed.

one thing I learned... Patience.

sorry if this is hard to read. My strong point has never been writing.

Back