• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Story (a bit lengthy)

I'm having some serious mixed feelings. Part of me is happy and over the moon! While the part of me is freaking out. My employer doesn't know, and I know they wont be happy to lose me so soon. But I've been waiting for this for so long! But then with such short notice, it means I have less time to prepare myself. I need to make arrangements for certain things, like setting up automatic payments for bills and such.

I've been glued to my phone all day, waiting patiently to hear something! What irks me is that they didn't say if or when they'd call back to let me know. It's a week and a half away...o_o I want to make my game plan! Luckily with my current job, I work early morning shifts which gives me the entire day to run and get stuff done. I just would prefer to get everything done and set now rather than later...

So I just got the call. I swear in next week and head to BMQ on the 25th!

Sarah_H said:
So I just got the call. I swear in next week and head to BMQ on the 25th!

Congratulations, good luck! Hopefully you have time to get everything sorted out!

Congratulations! Yours is one of the stories I have been following for a long time due to many similar circumstances, so I hope you pop in from time to time and let us know how things went.

Congrats!!!! So glad to see you have finally made it, I have my medical the same day you swear in and then its just waiting for an offer! Good luck in your training!

It has been a whirlwind of emotions. I'm thrilled and excited! But at the same time I'm sad to be leaving so soon. I gave my work my notice this morning, which was hard. I love my job, I love the people I work with and I'm sad to be leaving. But I'm also super stoked to be starting this new chapter in my life!

I will try to keep this thread updated while I'm away. Just don't expect any updates until December!

Now to run around trying to get my stuff in order o_o

A little update!

I just got home for my Christmas leave yesterday. The first 6 weeks are tough. I'm not going to lie. They are going to try very hard to break you. They like to play mind games. But you just need to keep your head held high and push through. I haven't lost too many people from our platoon. Our sister platoon lost about dozen people by the time week 4 hit, and most of their's were VR's. With us most of our loses were just people being recoursed.

So a word of advice, study, don't fail your tests. If you fail tests you can't retest. In week 45 one guy was told he would be recoursed to week 2. He's now on the AWT platoon and have to wait until mid-January. We have 2 more being recoursed in the new year, but we don't know how far back they will be going.

If anyone has any questions about what BMQ is like, feel free to send me a PM.

Sarah_H said:
A little update!

I just got home for my Christmas leave yesterday. The first 6 weeks are tough. I'm not going to lie. They are going to try very hard to break you. They like to play mind games. But you just need to keep your head held high and push through. I haven't lost too many people from our platoon. Our sister platoon lost about dozen people by the time week 4 hit, and most of their's were VR's. With us most of our loses were just people being recoursed.

So a word of advice, study, don't fail your tests. If you fail tests you can't retest. In week 45 one guy was told he would be recoursed to week 2. He's now on the AWT platoon and have to wait until mid-January. We have 2 more being recoursed in the new year, but we don't know how far back they will be going.

If anyone has any questions about what BMQ is like, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for sharing your experience :) Hopefully I'll be there in a couple of months!

I'm in the home stretch now! Just finished up week 10! Going back to Farnham on Monday for a week of hell. It's going to be flipping cold the first 2 days, which will be when we're in tents... these past few weeks have just flow  by. I'm still finding it hard tk believe I'm almost done!

It's been a hell of a journey getting here. I've done things i never thought I was capable of doing. even if i knew i couldn't do something, I still gave it my all. At Farnham the first time we did the obstacle course and there's this 7ft wall you have to grt over. I'm 5'4" but I still tried. I needed a boost in the end, but I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Yesterday we did the Warrior Challenge. Some of the challenges are a little unfair to smaller people. I'm around 135lbs and i was expected to push 300lbs 20m...not easy to do especially when your running shoes can get a good grip on the gym floor.

Well I survived bmq. Just finished my final week of training at Farnham. It was a tough week, not gonna lie. The sleep deprivation sucked and some people really didn't handle it well at all. But we did well as a platoon and our staff rewarded us for that. So even though we froze our butts off, and the rations sucked we all had a pretty good time.

The gas hut was fun but terrible at the same time. You get tear gassed which sucks a lot. But the staff there were awesome. Now I got my G and I have 3 days of drill drill drill then grad parade! Words can't even begin to describe how happy I am to have made it through all of this. Can't wait for my real training to begin!

Sarah_H said:
Well I survived bmq. Just finished my final week of training at Farnham. It was a tough week, not gonna lie. The sleep deprivation sucked and some people really didn't handle it well at all. But we did well as a platoon and our staff rewarded us for that. So even though we froze our butts off, and the rations sucked we all had a pretty good time.

The gas hut was fun but terrible at the same time. You get tear gassed which sucks a lot. But the staff there were awesome. Now I got my G and I have 3 days of drill drill drill then grad parade! Words can't even begin to describe how happy I am to have made it through all of this. Can't wait for my real training to begin!

Question for you.  After your force test as a recruit did PT stay the same, get harder or did it taper off?

Pt varied. Some days it was really hard, other day weren't too bad. It will all depend on  your staff. But they like to keep it consistent.

Back