• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My pet rhinoceros thinks so too

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavComm

Inactive
Reaction score
At the risk of further damaging my sketchy status on these boards, I feel compelled to speak out about this annoying habit some posters have.

I'm talking about those posters who continually make statements of fact when they are much closer to office gossip or try to validate their statements by adding:

and my wife/mother-in-law/husband/sister/girlfriend/etc THINKS SO TOO/AGREES WITH ME

I am far more interested in reading the views and opinions of the member of the forum than knowing how many of their close circle of family and friends agree with them.

I re-read the conduct guidelines and other threads where, IMHO, it's pretty clear that the expectation is for posters to 'stay in their own lane'.

It's even more annoying when the poster is a civvie posting what some guy who went to Bosnia said about whether or not (insert any reg here) is how the CF operates. There are plenty of real military persons on this forum, with up-to-date information who will answer questions. If you don't know the answer, don't just put what you think you heard the wife of the commander say at the bingo hall last Tuesday. and then say, "and my neighbour thinks so too".

I know my military experience is extremely limited. If I was this annoyed with something at my unit, I would bring it up in the chain of command.

This is my equivalent to that on army.ca.

NavComm said:
At the risk of further damaging my sketchy status on these boards,

Nope, no more damage done. You've only reiterated what we have to say, continually, here on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back