• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Obstacles to Joining the Canadian Infantry

hoot33 said:
i would have paid the bill in the first place as well, but it was not my bill. The account was put in my name by a family member without my permission, I was 17 at the time. I didnt find out about it until my interview.

Your MOM screwed you with a fraud account?  ???  I think you have bigger issues than the money one at this point.  Regardless, deadbeat mom coughs up $500 or you file the report.  If neither pans out, you're paying out of pocket.  Now that you are aware of the fraud, your failure to remedy/action the situation is an unwritten acceptance to assume the burden.  They aren't going to just say "gee, your mom sucks.  Poor Dylan" and blow it off.  If that was the case, people would be doing that constantly and the rest of us who pay bills would be getting screwed. 
Since the umbilicus has grown too thick to hack through, guess you'll just have to pay out of pocket and deduct it from what you would have spent on Mothers Day over the next fifty years. 

I have gotten the money, we are not on speaking terms right now because of this and Im ok with that.

I dont care how I pay it as long as its paid and Im in BMQ.

But I should be able to pay the full amount as soon as I find out what company this is with.

Dylan

in really starting to get angry with this.

Perhaps paying the bill in the first place would have alleviated this anger?

.... methinks this whole thread has gotten "silly" (as in Monty Python silly - when the Brigadier would pop out of nowhere & bring order back to the skit)

Kin, like I said, it wasnt my bill to pay, I didnt even know about it until my interview and was completely baffled when it was brought up.

Will be making more phone calls today.

Dylan

There, the money has finally been sent with confirmation going to equifax as well as the recruiting centre, will call them tomorrow to ensure its been taken care of.

hoot33 said:
There, the money has finally been sent with confirmation going to equifax as well as the recruiting centre, will call them tomorrow to ensure its been taken care of.

Outstanding, and well done.

I look forward to reading about your enrolment.

lol I look forward to my enrollment. This should be the last step should it not?? I dont know of anything else I need to do.

Good work...

Now get down and give me 25 good pushups & situps
You can neved do too many pushups & situps :)

hoot33 said:
I can give you 40 of each :D. Gym membership was a good idea.

I used to love students like you.

"How to beast an entire course and yet not be the bad guy in one easy step"

thats my goal, my brother went through and got no awards at the end of BMQ or DP1, I dont intend to remain as camouflage as he did. Don't want to offend anyone or be hated, but my father is ill, very ill. I want to make him proud while I can.

hoot33 said:
thats my goal, my brother went through and got no awards at the end of BMQ or DP1, I dont intend to remain as camouflage as he did. Don't want to offend anyone or be hated, but my father is ill, very ill. I want to make him proud while I can.

I dont think you understand what i meant

hoot33 said:
lol maybe not :S

Be cocky on course an brag about how much push ups you can do, etc an your entire Platoon will pay for it.

Don't try to be super recruit an draw a lot of attention to yourself an only do things to get attention/notiched; if you want to be an attention who.re the Army is the wrong place for you.

Im not trying to take attention away from anyone else, Im more of a team player than individual. Just want to be the best soldier I can be. That alone should make my father proud :D.

hoot33 said:
Im not trying to take attention away from anyone else, Im more of a team player than individual. Just want to be the best soldier I can be. That alone should make my father proud :D.

Yes indeed....team work and all for one is the spirit we need...natural leaders are like cream in milk they rise to the top because it is their nature. Good leaders who value those around them and work with them are liked and honoured...those who are bullies and braggarts are not liked and usually ostracized. It sounds like you're ready for a good challenge and you want to work with others....that's a darn good start. God bless and good luck.

Thanks to everyone on these boards for the motivation and tips they have given me over the past few months :).

Back