• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Muslim policewoman refuses to shake chief's hand

Actually if she is a British convert, it may have nothing to do with Religion, but of that part of British society who believe that anarchy rules.  She may have been making an age old British insult to authority, democracy, and the position that the Chief held in the House of Lords.  She just may be that part of British society who feel that it is not proper for anyone to better themselves and earn or own property.  She may have been making this political statement against Sir Ian Blair.

There's a very large Albanian muslim community on the east side of London and down through Dartford.  IMO, the reference to a non-asian, is to distinguish that she is not a visible minority. 

"I've lived in places where the Australian flag had to be removed because it offfened muslims, and was causing unrest in the nieghbourhood. That request came from the NSW Police, who told a home owner to do so, because he feared for their safety. That was in Sydney Australia, not here in Shyteland (Iraq). The "offended" people were youth from an islamic backgorund. Its a pretty sad state of affairs when you are asked to take down your own country's flag in your own country, because others are threatening violence if you don't."

- An even sadder state of affairs when middle-Australia doesn't pull 1,000,000 Lithgow SMLE's out of their closets and re-take their neighbourhoods.

Tom

First the reason why I read and post here is because I am a supporter, I and my family have a military background that I am very proud of. 

To be frank, I think this story about this woman was brought forward by the press in England because it would sell copy and not because it was ever an issue for Ian Blair before or during.  It does seem to be now though.  Really this non event has more to do with other things in Britain than this. 

I stand behind what I said, without reservation. I bear no ill will to anyone here, when I say you are wrong, I hope you will reconsider your view with what I have said. 

Belce said:
I stand behind what I said, without reservation. I bear no ill will to anyone here, when I say you are wrong, I hope you will reconsider your view with what I have said. 

Why should anyone give any credence to anything you said.  You just ignored several pages of comments and points.  And just because you say we are wrong, we are supposed to think differently?  ::)

So it is your opinion that other cultures can just waltz in to a country and run roughshod over the traditions and values in place? 
There is a thread about "The Curse of Cultural Awareness" that you might find interesting.  Maybe you could get a bit of insight there. 

Belce said:
...when I say you are wrong, I hope you will reconsider your view with what I have said. 

A predicted response, and why am I not suprised.

Yip, like I said, just stay in your private PC world, and you'll be fine.

Wes

Belce said:
I stand behind what I said, without reservation. I bear no ill will to anyone here, when I say you are wrong, I hope you will reconsider your view with what I have said

Belce,

This would be the part where you are stating your opinion.  That's all it is, an opinion -- not fact.  One person's opinion does not force another person to change theirs.  Furthermore, your stating that you are a supporter does not somehow give you the right to tell other people that their personal opinion is wrong. 

If, on the other hand, someone stated something as fact and you had evidence to the contrary, we would hope that you would present it in a respsectful, factual manner, not an ignorant drumming out of the other person in public.

Consider this as your freebie warning to improve your tone in order to meet the both the word and the spirit of the Army.ca CONDUCT GUIDELINES.  Belligerence to others will result in an introduction to the Army.ca WARNING SYSTEM.  Please also give consideration to the article Wording and Tone Advice.

Regards,

The Army.ca Staff

The town of Herouxville, Que., wants immigrants that fit in with its citizens
Published: Monday, January 29, 2007 | 3:31 PM ET
Canadian Press

HEROUXVILLE, Que. (CP) - The rural Quebec town of Herouxville says it has received about 2,000 emails in support of its rules for immigrants.

Coun. Andre Drouin says it's not that the community of about 1,300 doesn't want immigrants - it doesn't have any - but it just wants them to fit in. Among the rules passed recently by the town's council are: No stoning women and making sure women are allowed to drive cars.

Drouin says the resolution defines the citizens of the central Quebec town.

Premier Jean Charest said today that Quebec is a tolerant society and the town's resolution is an isolated case.

Quebec is in the middle of a debate about what is considered reasonable accommodation of racial, ethnic and religious minorities.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070129/K012917AU.html
In the UK & Canada & Australia... you will find that there are more and more citzens who are getting sick and tired of accommodations.  Give an inch & they'll take a yard.

How far are you prepared to go in welcoming the immigrants who'd like to move next door?

:cdn:  ???  ???  ???  :cdn:

This is also being discussed here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/55553/post-519659.html#msg519659  in "The Curse of Cultural Awareness".

I seem to recall discussing this subject in the middle of last year on a different thread.  Time for a 'superthread' on the impact of external influences on our Canadian culture?

geo said:
How far are you prepared to go in welcoming the immigrants who'd like to move next door?

I think I could be pretty welcoming, since if they live in this area they would have to have their sh*t dialed in fairly tight.  Unless they had some issue that they foisted (or tried to) on me. 
It's strange, though.  Windsor seems to be a great big no-BS zone.  We hear about the crap the big centers put up with, but we don't here.  It's always funny to spot the GTA people when you are on the street.  I've had a few play the race card on me and when they get boarded for being out of line, they have no idea what just happened.  Like when you are dealing with someone elses spoiled kid.  You tell them "No", and it is like it is the first time they ever heard it.  But you can also tell that they know they were out of line, and usually they drop it pretty quick.  More people need to tell special interest groups to pound it up their arse.  And if you see someone taking a stand, be verbal in your support of that person.  If there is no enforcement of social mores, then they will simply cease to exist. 
Its your society, folks.  Feel free to take it back and fix it at your leisure. 

too true zipp
Major centres attract the lion's share of ethnic immigrants who have fled their homelands for a better life for them & their kids.... then they gravitate together into ersaltz ghettos.  Having created for themselves an ethnic critical mass, they expect each other to behave along the same norms they have escaped the old country.  they then press the local population for understanding & accomodation - let them live the way they are used to living...... (which is what they were trying to escape in the 1st place)....

Self fulfilling prophecies.

I tend to agree with Herouxville & their resolution.  This is want we are.  If you are prepared to live by these ground rules, you are most welcome to join us.... else, pound pavement...

I'll echo that GEO....and add that multiculturalism is a pile of hogwash.  Money for nothing, except that it is Canadian tax money being wasted to finance infringements on the average Canadian way of life as it exists for many particularly in small town Canada.

Canada needs immigrants of all colours and creeds, but if you desire to start a new life here it should be based on the expectation that you will have to accept the country as it is, not as how you think it should be.

If an immigrant does not like the place....they can leave the same way they came and go back to all that's good in the old homeland, pandering needs to stop and now.

I am an immigrant myself; I left the UK having grown up there in the 60's and 70's.  The UK to be blunt has changed so drastically and unfortunately for the worse. It is not the same country and why, not immigration but multiculturalism vice integration.  Numerous visits just reinforce that opinion.  And having just spent 4 years there (my family are still there also) I can tell you that many folks I worked with have had enough and are also looking to move on.  Now that's a pity.

Successive UK governments that have presided over the eradication of the British way of life could still learn something from the folks of Herouxville, Que.  :cdn:

old fart said:
I'll echo that GEO....and add that multiculturalism is a pile of hogwash.  Money for nothing, except that it is Canadian tax money being wasted to finance infringements on the average Canadian way of life as it exists for many particularly in small town Canada.

Canada needs immigrants of all colours and creeds, but if you desire to start a new life here it should be based on the expectation that you will have to accept the country as it is, not as how you think it should be.

If an immigrant does not like the place....they can leave the same way they came and go back to all that's good in the old homeland, pandering needs to stop and now.

I am an immigrant myself; I left the UK having grown up there in the 60's and 70's.  The UK to be blunt has changed so drastically and unfortunately for the worse. It is not the same country and why, not immigration but multiculturalism vice integration.  Numerous visits just reinforce that opinion.  And having just spent 4 years there (my family are still there also) I can tell you that many folks I worked with have had enough and are also looking to move on.  Now that's a pity.

Successive UK governments that have presided over the eradication of the British way of life could still learn something from the folks of Herouxville, Que.  :cdn:

Been up my old manor lately, Kev?  It should be made a training area for troops deploying to Baghdad.  To hear English spoken on the streets is as rare as rocking horse poop up there now.

Kat, I know this...if they don't start playing soon, I will have to retire....my WHU mug... :salute:

Heartbreaking, but we killed three giants this year.

geo said:
Major centres attract the lion's share of ethnic immigrants who have fled their homelands for a better life for them & their kids.... then they gravitate together into ersatz ghettos.  Having created for themselves an ethnic critical mass, they expect each other to behave along the same norms they have escaped the old country.  they then press the local population for understanding & accomodation - let them live the way they are used to living...... (which is what they were trying to escape in the 1st place)....

If only that were the full truth.  People will, however, emigrate not to pursue another way of life, but rather to preserve their current one (and make more money while doing so). 

Belce said:
There are always wrong opinions, you just have a right to be wrong, like now.

Well my opinion is, I think you might be more comfortable else where also.

Just remember, that many of the Members here that you belatedly criticize, are Fighting and Dying for the Same Shi...t Pile that a great number of you Holly-er than Thou created in the first.

FastEddy said:

Just remember, that many of the Members here that you belatedly criticize, are Fighting and Dying for the Same Shi...t Pile that a great number of you Holly-er than Thou created in the first.

Were you talking about Winnipeg?  ;D

Back