• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

If my start date for bmq is sept 13 and I'm there sept 11. Do I get my first pay on the 15th or the 30th of September?

kkramar said:
If my start date for bmq is sept 13 and I'm there sept 11. Do I get my first pay on the 15th or the 30th of September?

You may not get it until end month (at the earliest) as they have to enter you in the system, get everything sorted out, etc.  I believe they will give you an advance when you get there, but it's a good idea to have some money on you anyway (I believe $200 has been the suggested amount).

I really like these threads and any advice that's been passed on from experience.  I am really going to try and save the most that I can for as long as I can. I am still searching for a rough idea of how much Rations and Quarters will be at various areas around the country to budget for my first year.... If I even get plucked from the Merit List. - God willing.

I will post the info if I find it or a link to it here if it's here already.

As for starting mid month like that.  My brother didn't see a pay till about a month in. He had a similar start date. I'm sure it varies. 

NFLD Sapper said:
If you look closely at the pic the monies shown are from all over the world......
I see that... and I also don't see any US currency 2010newbie. My mistake folks. But the content is fine less my hasty remarks... and only fine until the pay scale changes, as PMedMoe pointed out.

Lil_T said:
  Spec pay doesn't kick in for THOSE WHO QUALIFY until you have completed QL5 trades training.

.........and the rank of Corporal.

.............................................................................and if you had read all this thread, you probably wouldn't have had to ask that question.  :mad:

I did read the whole thing. Also, from the deductions post, the before last deduction is Rations $493.82, what is that exactly? Is that what is deducted for food and rent while at BMQ at St-Jean, because in that case once we graduate from St-Jean it would give us an extra 500$ in our pockets. Thanks in advance guys. :cdn:

alain22 said:
I did read the whole thing. Also, from the deductions post, the before last deduction is Rations $493.82, what is that exactly? Is that what is deducted for food and rent while at BMQ at St-Jean, because in that case once we graduate from St-Jean it would give us an extra 500$ in our pockets. Thanks in advance guys. :cdn:

???

tsokman......Is that you?

That is the amount that your pay for Rations ........... food to most of the rest of us.  You will have to pay a similar amount when you leave BMQ and go to your next posting/Base should you successfully pass BMQ.  So, NO you do not collect $500 extra a month after you pass BMQ.

Just wondering if someone can give a breakdown of the payrate with deductions for 1st year in BMQ ( single and married ).  I found a post with the deductions but it was from 2006. 

I believe you may be pulling in roughly $1200 every two weeks

EDIT: Misquote, look down two posts.

Stacked said:
wrong.  I made $600 every two weeks after rations and quarters were paid.  (Single)  Not sure about married... But it's not $1200.  That's what a OS2 takes home.

(Also... You said "I believe you may"... aka I have no idea, better to just not reply I'd say)

I misquoted.

$660 rations and quarters (Single)
+ addition $275 every two weeks for rations and quarters totaling $550 a month.

Atleast that is how it was when I was there last August.

So add the extra $275 onto each payday and bam. $935. (If married) It could be different now.

I was told when I got sworn in that $500 would be taken off for rations and $100 for quarters monthly.
if that is true and you get paid every two weeks then you will be making $1000 minus any other fees / taxes

Rations and Quarters is approx $640 per month for a single person, plus Supperanuation of another $225 or so.  Semi-monthly take home pay is around $600 so $1200 per month

Sizzle said:
I misquoted.

$660 rations and quarters (Single)
+ addition $275 every two weeks for rations and quarters totaling $550 a month.

Atleast that is how it was when I was there last August.

So add the extra $275 onto each payday and bam. $935. (If married) It could be different now.

Hey Sizzle, what do you mean by " additon $275 every two weeks.  You mean that's extra pay for being married? 

Any chance someone can post a pay statement showing everything?  :D

krystofurr said:
Hey Sizzle, what do you mean by " additon $275 every two weeks.  You mean that's extra pay for being married? 

Any chance someone can post a pay statement showing everything?  :D

Yes, you don't have to pay rations and quarters if you're married or Common law and as Stacked said No one is going to post a pay stub/not allowed to disclose a paystub.

Sizzle said:
not allowed to disclose a paystub.

Take a breath for a second and think a little.

There is no rule/regulation that prohibits disclosing your pay statement. That's an individual choice as it is an individual's personal information on the document. I'm pretty sure i "disclosed" mine a few times in my life (car loan, mortgage, etc....).

No one should post their personal stuff like that on here, that's just common sense. That being said, there's no rule against it.

Oh k.  I didn't mean to ask for any personal info.  I just figured if everyone's pay is generally the same it wouldn't matter.  Really appreciate the info.

I still sorta don't understand the $935.  If you aren't charged for food and rations if you are married/own your dwelling then shouldn't you not have to pay $640 or do you still pay a portion of it.  It would be $1240 biweekly wouldn't it? 

What province is used for taxing purposes?  When I use the payroll calc it gives different amts for Ontario and Quebec. 

Back