• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

onecat

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got the call today and I‘ve been accepted as FCS Tech for April 5. Wow its a real surprise as I thought I would be waiting at lot longer for that call.

Now the question I have is this because I have only a month to plan this, I was wondering when you get paid during basic? I have student loans and other bills that I will have plan for? Does anyone here, who was at basic in the last few months remember when they got paid? Was it within the first month?

Thanks and if there are any FCS Techs on the forum, I would insite into the training? Like what was hardest course, no CF trade books that would be good have etc...

Thanks. Man this is so stressful and exciting.

You will get a small cash advance, and if i can remember correctly i think you get payed on the first of the month and on the 15th or 16th but dont qoute me on that.

Just curious, when did you finish your interview and testing, was it recently

you get paid on the 15th and last of the month. Direct deposit into your bank account.

Unless you are sent to training as attach posted and already have established payroll you will probably be given a small cash advance somewhere in the $250.00 range and your first pay will be around $600.00 until the pay office gets your pay settled. Expect some tinkering with the numbers for the first few months.

Good luck

Thanks I was just worried about student loan payments. I have money from current job that will cover teh first the month, but wanted to make sure monet would be there for the second month. I think I will move the payment date to the end of month just to be sure.

Blackhawk, I finished everything 04 Oct/03. Because the trades werew closed I though it would be April or May before I got the call. So this was great news. Just wish I had maybe 2 more weeks to get things in order. Oh well that‘s the CF for for.

But remember that this pay changes if you begin your BMQ during the fall/winter. Also your TD pay will be paid out usually at the end of the summer or the end of you course.

Pay changed depending on when you do Basic training? I havent heard of this before, how much does it change.

Private soldiers of the Regular Force start with a monthly salary of $2164 (subject, of course, to various deductions: pension, income taxes, etc.).

The pay rate table for Regular Force Privates can be found here:

http://www.dnd.ca/dgcb/dppd/pay/engraph/204.30_e.asp?sidesection=3&sidecat=28&alt=N&key=PRIVATE

Tables for other ranks can be found at:

http://www.dnd.ca/dgcb/dppd/pay/engraph/home_e.asp?sidesection=3&sidecat=28

How much money do you make while you're at BMQ? Also, how much is deducted for rations and quarters while there?

It depends on if you're going on a weekend BMQ or just 21 straight days.

(That being because on a weekend you may potentially make 3 full days pay every weekend for 10 weekends = 30 days, compared to the 21.)

Anyway, you might expect to make between $1500 and $2500 depending on the circumstances.

also depends if your reserve of reg force

use the search function, theres a few threads on pay, etc

wo, wo, wo.... your getting payed to attend BMQ??????

i thought you get payed after your initially a member of the CF????

but to add to that whats it work out for going REG. for the 10 weeks

Mike F said:
wo, wo, wo.... your getting payed to attend BMQ??????

i thought you get payed after your initially a member of the CF????

but to add to that whats it work out for going REG. for the 10 weeks

You are a member of the CF whilst on BMQ - you get paid at the normal rate for Private - IPC 0 - in the Reserve the daily rate is about $70, if I recall correctly.  You'd have to look on the DND website for the pay scales.

Hey all.

I'm taking my Reserve BMQ/SQ in Shilo this summer.....
For the purposes of post-course financial planning, I was wondering about how much I can expect to actually be bringing home (thinking of what the pay is, what deductions may be, what I may need to buy for course/sanity during course, et cetera).

If anybody's taken reserve BMQ/SQ within the last couple of years, some comments would be greatly appreciated (I'm sure there must be a couple of you  ;)).

(Note:  Yes, I am familiar with the search function..... it just didn't seem to work out as well in this case as it did in others).

I did my BMQ/SQ in Shilo is 2003, and I brought home about $3500-4000 after taxes for an 8-week course (not sure if that's changed now), including the claim I got afterwards. Bear in mind, that was at a rate of about 71 bucks a day, there's since been a raise and I believe new Ptes make $77.00 a day now. So mulitiply that by the number of days your course is, and subtract taxes.

Maybe it's just me, but I usually seem to find that the amount they take off in taxes I seem to get in travel claim (give or take a few hundred).

During course I never really found the need to buy alot, short of boot polish, laundry detergent, phone cards and the occasional snack. Your access to the Canex will probably be limited for at least the first few weeks, so keep that in mind while packing.

Hope that helps somewhat, and have fun in Shilo.  :D

I have wondered about this as well.  Does anyone know just how much tax they take off?

Does anyone know how much new recruits would get paid during basic training? Per week or bi-weekly. I am just planning to buy a car when i get home from BMQ and wanted to use this for a down payment. 8) :salute:

Here....on a silver plater.   You start off at the very bottom of the ladder, as a Private.   The very first, and lowest pay level on the chart for monthly pay is $2081 a month.   On the Daily Pay chart you will find that a Private makes $66.98 a day.  

You have failed your first PO and should now be put on Recorded Warning.   Failure to pass your next PO will have you up in front of the Course Officer and a Performance Review Board.    ;D

Sorry if my posts seemed a little aggressive. I tried to word it correctly to make it seem calm. But i guess i didnt do it. All i really wanted to know was how to read the pay rate chart.

Some times people take things the wrong way :(

Hi all...

I'm just wondering... does the BMQ (fall BMQ) for reserves is paid? If yes...How much???

Thanks to all...

Back