• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

moc/sq help

nathen

Inactive
Reaction score
I need help. I just got a job offer for the infantry (RCR) and i know what to expect in basic but not in my moc. can anyone tell me what to expect.
I'm looking foreward to the starting of my career, so i would like to have a bit of a heads up..
thanks..

you will build upon the basics you have learned.  More patrolling of different kinds, more section attacks etc.  Its been awhile for me but I think that about covers it.  You will obviously get more hands on with regards to wpns as well.

Here are some of the things you'll learn and do:

Offensive and Defensive operations
Patrolling
fieldcraft
weapons training
FIBUA training
the law of land warfare
regimental history
general military knowledge
Land Navigation using a map and compass as well as GPS
Basic survival training
Assult Boats
Rappelling
Helicopter familiarization

All along your personal dress, living area, and equipment will be inspected pretty much every morning. As well, you'll be doing alot of PT. And you'll get yelled at alot too. At the time, you'll probably think it all sucks, but after the fact you'll realize you had a great time. Be prepared for shitty weather, because Mother Nature hates Meaford. Look forward to the FIBUA stuff, thats alot of fun... as well as the helicopter ride and the rappelling.

So they learn FIBUA but aren't qualified tehe C9 when they get to battalion?!

Hmmm, I think there is some miscommunication somewhere.

You learn the C9 on the SQ course. For the better part of my BIQ my C7 was in my locker, its bolt in my pocket and my C9 was considred my personal weapon.

I believe you but I have it on good authority (instructors) that the candidates leave the school (WATC) without being qualified C9.

being an instructor I can tell you that that's wrong.  gratned, I haven't taught an SQ for 2 years now, however I did recently instruct on a BIQ and DP2A course.  BIQ soldiers are expected to already know the C9, and all of the ones arriving on course did.  also, all the new soldiers arriving at my regiment after this summer's SQ course were fully trained on the C9.

Just sorta coming out of BIQ I believe you are qualified C9, but you still need your PWT on it before you can fire it. It took my DP2A course to be C6 qualified though, again needing PWT before I can fire it.

As for FIBUA (not OBUA), in BIQ you get a day in it. It's more of a familiarization rather than a qualification.

-Spooks

Back