• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Missing and Defective Kit

Mosullivan15

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a fair few pieces of defective kit and some missing Kit as well. I'm currently a reservist in Toronto, so do I just call Denison? If so does anyone have the number?

Thanks.

Yes, go to Denison to obtain/exchange kit. If there's a lot and it will take over 30 min, call ahead to make an appointment. Otherwise just go in.

Denison Clothing Stores info:

Phone: (416) 633-6200 ext 3846

Hours (call to confirm before you go):

Tue, Wed: 0900-1500 (closed 1200-1300)
Thu: 1300-2100
Fri-Mon: Closed

Good luck.

Mosullivan15 said:
Greetings,

I have a fair few pieces of defective kit and some missing Kit as well. I'm currently a reservist in Toronto, so do I just call Denison? If so does anyone have the number?

Thanks.

Speak to your Section Commander or 2IC first. You need to fill out a lost kit report first before going to Clothing.

Teager said:
Speak to your Section Commander or 2IC first. You need to fill out a lost kit report first before going to Clothing.

Can I get one at denison?

Mosullivan15 said:
Can I get one at denison?

Get it from your unit as it will have to be signed. The reason is because depending on how the kit was lost you may be responsible for the cost.

Mosullivan15, you just started in the fall, correct (from your other posts)? By "missing kit", do you mean kit you've lost, or kit that wasn't issued to you from the beginning, whether by mistake or due to low stock? If it's kit that wasn't issued yet, you can just go in with no paperwork required. But call them first to check if they have what you need.

Mosullivan15 said:
That's correct, but I lost a toque during course.

Something like a toque could be bought at a surplus store.

Arty39 said:
Something like a toque could be bought at a surplus store.

Arty39 - Please don't pass on bad habits to new members - Mosullivan don't get in the habit of buying kit at a surplus store. This will bite you in the bum. Something like a toque? They will more than likely just reissue you another one. Worst case? You do up a MLR (Misc Loss Report) and you pay the $2.50 it costs to replace. The time and effort for your supply activity to push an MLR around for a few weeks is not worth the toque cost.

Don't buy kit at a surplus store. We mark everything we sell off from DND. You might see the mark, you might not. Time comes to return your kit to Clothing Stores, we will not take bake "store bought" items that have been previously disposed of.

Losing stuff once and a while happens. I forgot my field cap at a range once, went back to check, asked around, no one had it. Wrote all that on the loss report, accepted responsibility, and my CO didn't make me pay for the new one. It was only 17 bucks worth of loss, wasn't worth the time to do pay recovery I guess.

BinRat55 said:
Arty39 - Please don't pass on bad habits to new members - Mosullivan don't get in the habit of buying kit at a surplus store. This will bite you in the bum. Something like a toque? They will more than likely just reissue you another one. Worst case? You do up a MLR (Misc Loss Report) and you pay the $2.50 it costs to replace. The time and effort for your supply activity to push an MLR around for a few weeks is not worth the toque cost.

Don't buy kit at a surplus store. We mark everything we sell off from DND. You might see the mark, you might not. Time comes to return your kit to Clothing Stores, we will not take bake "store bought" items that have been previously disposed of.

So how did all that (unshredded) CADPAT make it to the surplus store.?

recceguy said:
So how did all that (unshredded) CADPAT make it to the surplus store.?

Recce if you're talking about the fiasco several years ago it was due to a few things - poor passage of info on our part, laziness and even a bit of miscommunication. There was a period when Env Can changed it up on us and disallowed us to burn CADPAT. Unsure where to go for a brief time, some activities were tossing them into the Crown Assets triwalls. I think it got nipped in the bud fairly quickly. Now, it doesn't happen (98% of the time... hard to account for stupidity) and what some confuse the real thing with is the sheets of "FakePAT" sold in other off-base outlets.

Back