• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Support for Breast Cancer Research

Well that's a little disappointing, I really wanted to see you in a dress! Oh well! Be sure to take some pictures of the event and post them the few people who helped me raise the money for the last donation would love to see a picture of y'all!

you know fir na time i never even thought of like going around and asking people for money (people that i know) and then taking that putting it against my credit card and donating that amount.... ill see what i can raise at work tomorrow.

Yeah it was really easy, we work at Starbucks and we don't get paid a lot so people mostly put their tips for a couple of weeks. It's a cause that's near and dear for me, so I want to make sure that all of them could get the chance to walk in the weekend to end breast cancer.

Well, we have only eight days left until the event....next weekend is the big walk. Thanks everyone for donating & there's still time to donate onling or PM Trinity if you want to use paypal....Thanx again!! And wish us luck  ;D

Its over....

60 km later, 4 soldiers crossed the finish line to a hearty cheer.

Too many photos were taken of us by everyone who walked
in disbelief that we were doing it with pack.

Team statistic (after the event)

Feet - sore
bandaged knees - 2
sunburns - 1
km walked- 60
same annoying questions asked to us - lost count
being mistaken for the Marines - once
money raised - 11,500

Thanks to Army.ca for allowing the thread
Also props to everyone who donated, especially fir_na_tine who did
a whopping $500...

And yes fir... we did see the Ajax fire fighters.. but they only carried a
25 lb oxygen bottle.... and did it in running shoes.

Photos to follow eventually.

Well done! Congratulations on raising some cash for a deserving charity!

Cheers
Mike

Congratulations on your achievement.

Here is a pic of you crossing the finish line at the CNE.  http://www.bigbull.ca/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/IMGP0306.jpg

I was a member of the Gear and Tent Crew and we were done in time for me to snap a few pics.

Thank you!

Bull

Cool... thanks

Yeah.. I was wondering how long it would have taken to do all those tents...

I looked pretty tired back there... thank god its not a close up.....

Blessings

Trinity

YAY

lets revive a DEAD THREAD 

ugh...

ok  .. really there is a point to this madness

We do have pics.. i have em somewhere.. I'll upload them....

Our goal was to raise $10,000

we raised.... ------------  $11,616.71

(Mike gave us the 71 cents!)

and now i have no knees.. no really.. in a brace

Words of advice

NEVER NEVER NEVER DO THIS

well, never walk 60 k with pack being stuck behind 4600 people
in the streets of toronto doing IF YOU'RE lucky ...  3 -4 km's an hour

Lots of stop / start / stop 

Do the event though... RMC came.. raised just slightly under what we raised...
I don't know how much, I just know we beat them  ;) ;) ;)

They seemed nice.. but thought we're crazy for doing it....

Some other military people were in it  ... can't name them all

Blessings

Well done! To further support Breast Cancer research next time you buy or sell your home call a REMAX agent a portion of your commision paid to the agent is donated by that agent to Breast Cancer research. If your looking for a REMAX agent contact me and I can give you a name. If you come to CFB Gagetown I can help.

Support the cure

www.remax4sale.ca

Just to add....myself & another team member WILL be doing the 60km walk again next year under the same team name! Most likely without the rucks though  :eek:. So if anybody wants an additional tax receipt for this year, they can again donate at www.endcancer.ca click on the toronto 2006 site and under "sponsor a participant" enter Toronto Scottish Regiment and make your donation.

To all those who donated to us for this year's event....THANK AGAIN and we hope that you'll consider donating again for the 2006 event!!

Krista  :salute:

Back