• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military 'Might' not 'Right' for Schoolyard, father says

That guy must be one of those parents who fusses over his kids a gazillion times to much and doesn't let them do anything fun like play soccer/baseball whatever, only lets his kids play chess and checkers....scratch that they could poke they're eyes out with those things  >:D

Honestly I would have loved as a wee one, to have soldiers come over and talk about there work, and show us vehicles, body-armour and weapons, hell we had cops come over with their pistols, and actually had narcotics officers, come with cases full of drugs, telling us this is hash, its bad don't do it, and all that jazz, so think what this guy would have said about that.

What strikes me about this is that the guy doesn't want his kid exposed to "militarism" or some such thing. Think about it though. Kids get swamped in violent imagery on TV, video games, etc. My kid is 14 years old and I'm constantly amazed by the violence in cartoons, for instance. Soldiers, on the other hand, are a positive role model that kids can actually look up to as an example to emulate.

Dixon said:
Yes, Yes we Did.

#rdHerd RE your having a list of schools that want demos, theres a pool of fit, motivated, knowadgeable troops in the PRes Units in Edmonton and Calgary that are more than willing to work some Class A days, to come out and show some Kit, I mean we lack LAV's and such, but we have Gwagons and a few other nifty toys.

Dixon,
a couple of points. You notice I did mention several unit Co's that includes PRes. If I did not talk to the CO's I did get the Ops "O". Well admitting the idea has merit it again boils down to money. All were fine having their troops participate, a few hinted equipment might be allowed BUT no pay for those involved. On the other side of the coin those of us that are trying to develop a proper program in this regard, or should I say a formal standardized program are facing the same issue. Even volunteering costs money, time can be found but..............This is one of the reasons I mentioned the "War Bond Tours" that ran during WW2. The other option is a standardized course developed for middle course or secondary curriculum. Again a few of us have expertise in this area, are teachers(various provinces) but again it is a question of time and money. yet here again if would would like to this as volunteers they will be more than happy to have the finished product. In closing Dixon you are not alone in your thoughts or expressing the "Calgary/Edmonton area". It seems this is one aspect of warfare those in charge continually miss the boat on.

Back