• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

mover1 said:
hey in the annapolis valley the charge you double for everything....or at least it seems. Anyone know of discounts here in the Valley.

Nice to see something never change.

The local cops in Kentville were often fond of two trumped up charges on a Saturday night for the price of one for military pers, does that count as a discount?

Docherty said:
Does anyone know what gym you get in for free w/ a military ID by Kits Beach?

That is for the Class B people only, not Class A soldiers.  It's not really "free", it's paid for my brigade.

The 'Wolf and Hound' on West Broadway offers a 10% discount with military ID.

here is an active link for the Edmonton Salutes Discount Program
http://www.edmonton.ca/CommPeople/Salutes/discount_program.pdf

FreeFloat said:
With regards to Kingston and movie theatres, you can stop by teh KMFRC on base and buy movie tickets (I don't recall whether they were for the Famous Players downtown or the new large Cineplex 12-theatre across town on Gardiners Road) for a pretty good price.   I think the $8-9 range.

The Ottawa MFRC (Uplands) also will issue tickets for the nearby Cineplex at a reduced rate.   Most MFRCs in Ontario will also sell discounted Canada's Wonderland tickets!!

beach_bum said:
That is for the Class B people only, not Class A soldiers.   It's not really "free", it's paid for my brigade.

The 'Wolf and Hound' on West Broadway offers a 10% discount with military ID.
How would they know if your on class A or B ?

I don't know.  I would guess they have a list provided to them by Brigade.  That would make the most sense wouldn't it?

Serving military members and veterans get into the National War Museum for free.

Any member of the CF if he showed up in cadpats, and acted charming/heroic like (with a dose of modesty), especially for individuals with high estrogen levels (women are suckers for flighty Peter Pan stories), could win a significant discount in most customer service industries.

A while back, a buddy of mine received a discount at the peelers for his Cadpat Parade!

I'd be willing to accept bets.

Any member of the CF if he showed up in cadpats

I guess I'll have to try that around those individuals with copious amounts of estrogen and see how it works for me.

Does Anyone no of Discounts around Victoria area, cause i know the Great Canadian Oil Change offers a discount. Does anyone know of anywhere else by chance?

for vic look at the lookout

http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/discount.htm

:cdn:

CanJet gives 10-15% (either or) discount for DND pers, with your Military ID.

does anybody know of any discounts in the central Ontario region, specifically the GTA?

axeman said:
for vic look at the lookout

http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/discount.htm

The Caprice theatre offered a Military discount on Monday nights back when I lived in Vic (2001).  Not sure if it's still offered, but it was good for yourself and 1 guest with ID. 

The discount amounted to something like the Tuesday cheap-night price, but without the loud-mouth Tuesday clowns that wreck the show.

Most car rental companies will give you a discount or free upgrade.

Every museum (military and civy) that I went to in the southern states gave me a significant discount on admittance,(or free) with a Canadian Military ID

Be careful when using the government rate for hotels and car rentals, i used to work for a car rental agency and sometimes the government rate is way higher than even the regular rate. I suggest checking any discounts you might have like CAA and such before you book. Also, sometimes things you belong to give you a discount even if you don't know it so ask before you book, in the states, the NRA gets a great rate on car rentals  >:D

I got a military discount on the Greyhound Bus when I went to Meaford. 

One thing I find a bit odd is, I'm heading down to NYC tomorrow for a week vacation, and when I asked for the military discount again, the woman I spoke to on the phone said it didn't apply to me because I was going to the US.  Oh well..

When I bought my new car in January (2005 Pontiac Sunfire, Owen Sound for thaose who must know), I asked if there was any sort of military discount/ bonus / whathaveyou and the sales rep went to the manager - he said they don't have any official program, but he gave me and extra $500 off (better than a kick in the teeth with a frozen mukluk). Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to ask out of the blue - you'd be suprised what's out there :D

Back