• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MILITARY ATTRACTS VIOLENT LOUTS

Hey, welcome back NM! Your right of course about the Armed part, but I still use it as my little rebellion against the tree huggers who believe we're the worlds Boy Scouts. ;)

NMPeters said:
We are actually not the Canadian Armed Forces. We are the Canadian Forces. The "armed" got removed some 15 or 20 years ago..ish. I don't remember exactly when.

Ahh, yes, that is true, sadly... But, in the hearts of the Believers..........

Cheers

NMPeters said:
We are actually not the Canadian Armed Forces. We are the Canadian Forces. The "armed" got removed some 15 or 20 years ago..ish. I don't remember exactly when.

I've still got one of those cheapo CANEX windbreakers in my closet that reads "Canadian Armed Forces" on the back.  Got it in Halifax in 1983.  Alas it doesn't fit anymore.  Must be a collector's item by now.

NDA, Chapter 14,

"14. The Canadian Forces are the armed forces of Her Majesty raised by Canada and consist of one Service called the Canadian Armed Forces."

Tom

Thanks Tom. I was going to point out that it remains in the NDA.

My own pet theory of why the "Armed" isn't seen much anymore is ink and paint. The amount we save by not painting those extra letters on our aircraft or having the inkjet spit it onto a letterhead is astronomical.  ;D

Acorn

I thought we took "CAF" off the planes because the temptation was there to paint an "R" in front of it.  And God Bless anyone who did!

Tom

TCBF said:
NDA, Chapter 14,

"14. The Canadian Forces are the armed forces of Her Majesty raised by Canada and consist of one Service called the Canadian Armed Forces."

Tom

Tom:

So, I can legally squeeze into my archaic jacket without fear of persecution???  Clearly I am conforming to the letter of the law.

Jim

Acorn said:
My own pet theory of why the "Armed" isn't seen much anymore is ink and paint. The amount we save by not painting those extra letters on our aircraft or having the inkjet spit it onto a letterhead is astronomical.   ;D

Probably true.  Though the savings are probably offset by the cost in man-hours at every level debating the dismemberment.

c4th said:
Probably true.   Though the savings are probably offset by the cost in man-hours at every level debating the dismemberment.

Nah. It just goes back into General Revenue.

Acorn

Back