• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged Quotes and Sayings Thread; some useful, some junk

I remember while doing the light track portion of my recce crewman course in Gagetown in '90 we had a french sgt instructor who would crew command our vehicle while we were learing to drive the Lynx/113/577/548.

To this day I cannot remember ever being able to understand anything that he said to us, whether in the classroom or on the vehicle's IC, except the words "I am a French guy..." ???

Made for an interesting course...

Slim

I was in uniform when most of you kids were in liquid form.

Acorn

Good one Acorn...

Here's another from the past

Student somehow screws up.

DS: "Well done clown...If you were orange you'de be a traffic cone"

One of the most memorable quotes for me had to be when i was in Kingston and a Fusilier I was working with said "An Ambush is killing and killing is fun "   at that point everyone in the room just stoped where they were to respond but who can respond to that when it just comes out of nowhere?

Pride is not fighting for your country but to be fearless in dying for your country :bullet:

Another,

"How much time in you got? Don't look at your watch."

we were in the middle of the meaf and were filling trenches at the end of the defensive and my buddy came up to me in the middle of the biv site and said "Sargent told me to find the T.V. room" that was priceless

:bullet: Pride is not fighting for your country but to be fearless in dying for your country :bullet:

Basic Training Officer style Quotes

1.  SGT to a candidate who screwed up in drill class...  "You've been smoking on the business end of a crack pipe"
2.  SGT to entire platoon "Pushups are not a punishment they are a gift from me to you, and right now i would like to give you all a gift."

and don't worry they still swore at us plenty...mostly in french though.

canadiancarebear said:
2.  SGT to entire platoon "Pushups are not a punishment they are a gift from me to you, and right now i would like to give you all a gift."

I know that Sgt! He was one of our faves and produced several "<name here>isms"

A cpl from 3 RCR para (who was RSS for the queens own rifles from 00-04) was very fond of using Full Metal Jacket quotes, just coming from him they were funny. He also had a knack for making his own funny punishment lines
Cpl:  Troop if you don't stop pissing me off, I am going to staple your eyelids to your forehead, and kick you in the b@ll$ until you blink!

Also at cac this past summer a rather dim witted troop came to our CQ to get grid squares.  We all did a double take (including the Coy 2ic and CSM) and started laughing our asses off when we realized this kid was being serious (wonder how he passed his nav class).

From Cornwallis:

"If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to power a motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio."

"You have a head like a Lapplanders foreskin." (I remember that one distinctly, because my mom's family is from Lappland)

Al

Sgt O`Neill      ATR(p).
Wellcome to the drill square children, and for all you star trek fans you will travel no less than warp factor 7.
( troop will retire)

I HAVE to toss one in here..........

RCD Trooper to another Trooper in Petawawa ( morning PT at the gym )......

" Drop and give me two....or as many as you can do ! "

( I laughed all the way through PT ! )

MrGnr27 said:
I HAVE to toss one in here..........

RCD Trooper to another Trooper in Petawawa ( morning PT at the gym )......

" Drop and give me two....or as many as you can do ! "

( I laughed all the way through PT ! )

Sounds like Johnny Green

Said to someone(me) trying to gain muscle mass during a PT session...

"You wanna see progress? ...Buy a smaller shirt!!!"

In response to a dirty KFS inspection.

"Pvt. so and so, is that your KFS or your goddamned bum cleaner?"

This was left for me by the sergeant i replaced.

INSTRUCTOR 25:17

The path of the righteous Crow is beset
                                  on all sides, by the inequities of the selfish,
                                          And tyranny of evil CROW.
                                  Blessed is he, who in the name of weapon
                                  handling and good map reading. shepherds
                                  the weak through the CM SR of darkness,
                                  for he is truly a "SECTION COMMANDER"
                                  and the finder of lost bungees, and i will
                              strike down upon thee with great foot drill and
                              furious change steps,those who attempt to
                            buck and beat the system, and you will know your
                                        name is CROW. when i lay my
                                              pacestick upon thee.      .

Heard on a Drill Square practicing for the Lilifontain Parade:

RSM:  "If you people cant tie a tie... (he ripped his tie off) go buy a CLIP ON LIKE MINE" !!!

I am sure every jaw in the regiment dropped to the ground and bounced......

Heard in the same Era:

SSM:  I don't care if you people can't do drill.  I can stay here all night.  My wife and kids hate me so I have no place to go.. I can stay here all night........

George... you might remember those occasions

Memories...

Marderwpg

Remember those crazy sayings your instructors used to blurt out on BMQ, SQ?

You'd be at attention during morning inspection and the MCpl would say:

"Holly s**t troop! Your bed's got more wrinkles than my ass after I step out the bath tub!" or
"There's a pubic hair on your pillow. Why is there a pube hair on your pillow?!!! Are you shaving your pubes?!!!" or
"Who decided to leave a Brown Betty but forgot to flush!!!"

You know you are being jacked up but your too busy bitting your lips -- preventing you from bursting out laughing. :D

Please share your most memoral sayings. I did a google search but found nothing

I'm going to hi-jack this thread.

The BEST sayings I ever heard were from Sgt. Major Leclair, RCR, Battleschool in Petawawa

That man has to be known CF wide.  Any Leclair stories would be classic.

I.... fear the man so much, I'm not typing them out!!!
(and.. they're pretty obscene!)

Back