• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Memory Games

Bartgs

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a quick question.

Can anyone here throw out some suggestions for KIM games that you have used in the past, or that you have heard of before?

I know of the variety where you place 10-20 objects on a table, and then have a certain amount of time to remember the items; but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

There's one where everyone sits in a circle, the first person names an object, and each successive person has the name the previous objects and add a new one.  It keeps going around until someone gets it wrong.  Most people can recall 7-10 items correctly, those with better skills can get up to 15-20. 

E.g. ten people, subject is 'Cars'
1 - "Door"
2 - "Door, steering wheel"
3 - "Door, steering wheel, trunk"
4 -  etc.

Use some of the other senses for the games:

Hearing - have a recording of a variety of sounds (train, traffic, animals etc) and at the end of it, have everyone write down what they recall hearing

Smell and Taste - pers are blindfolded.  Have a tray of items.  I've seen this done where you write down 1 thing at a time as you try it, but you can use it for memory too where they can't write down the items until they are done trying them all.

Touch - Same as above, or have items in a bag where they just reach in and feel them all.

A 'Touch' variation is a new one on me - but I cant wrap my head around the concept, how does it work?

Greymatters said:
A 'Touch' variation is a new one on me - but I cant wrap my head around the concept, how does it work?

Start with basic, everyday items that anyone would recognize (ex. fork, pen, banana etc).  Blindfold a person and have them feel through all of the objects laid out on a tray.  After a certain period of time, take the objects away, unblindfold the person, and have them write down as many objects as they can remember.

Back