• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medically unfit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierInTheMaking

Inactive
Reaction score
Well recently I received a unfit letter because of my flat feet. My trade of choice was infantry so I can see why, your pretty much on your feet 24/7. So my question is if I was unfit because of this and the specific trade I choose, do I get a chance of maybe trying for another trade where I wouldn't be on my feet as much, like amoured soldier for example? I want to get into the CF more then anything and if switching trade choices is what I have to do, I'll do it.

If I get this option I really don't know what I'd like to do, I have armoured on my mind but I'm not %100 with it, if anyone could direct me to where I can find the trades and the level of education you need for those trades could you please, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Dylan

I guess it depends on your CFAT scores and the medical requirements for that MOC.  Have you called your recruiting centre?

I believe the trade/ education info you are looking for is on the recruiting website.

I called them on the 6th when I got the letter and he said the recruiters and medical staff from London weren't coming to Sarnia until May 4th, but I don't want to wait that long, so next week my dad is going to drive me to London and I'll be talking to them then and figure stuff out. I want to go there with a bit of confidence knowing that I might still be able to get in, that's why I'm asking. But I'll check the website and see what I can find.
Thanks Lil_T

My left foot has an arch but my right foot doesnt really. does this mean that only one of my feet are flat? Is that even possible?

bomber12 said:
My left foot has an arch but my right foot doesnt really. does this mean that only one of my feet are flat? Is that even possible?

There are unilateral flat feet (one arch collapses or never fully develops) and then there is bilateral flat feet (both arches collapse or never fully develop)

I am really worried now. I have applied for infantry and I go to do my medical on May 7. My right foot is not entirely flat. I just did a water test and I have an arch. Its not a big arch but its not flat either. I  really hope I well pass that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back