• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Technician ( Med Tech )

zhanghuxyz said:
Medical direction can be divided into basic medical and clinical

Do not know your work need basic medical knowledge or clinical medicine

Basic Medical include: Human Anatomy Embryology Biochemistry Physiology Pathology pathogenic microbiology, etc.
Medical include: internal medicine Pediatrics Surgery Obstetrics and Gynecology Ophthalmology etc.

I am in school when the school has a professional direction is a non-medical health insurance they need to learn medical knowledge but also
I remember that there is a teaching professional named as an overview, or call Clinical Introduction to Clinical Medicine I probably turned over a few elements are the most basic of the content covered quite a wide range of book you can refer to the next, or what kind of books

If you want the system to study medicine had to start learning from basic medical

I hope my answers help you have a certain

I don't know what your post is referring to, and I am even further confused as to why your links are selling ugly boots?

Mods, this may fall under spam. 

Edited to remove links.

Milnet Staff

Hello

This is my first post on this forum and I am looking for some advice. I'm in my early twenties and just finishing the second year of a paramedic program in Ontario. I am approximately one month away from my final round a practical experience and am beginning to seriously consider what I am going to do in six months when I graduate. The unfortunate thing I have come to realize is that paramedic jobs in my area and in most of Ontario are few and far between. I had considered the idea of joining the military prior to being accepted by my current program and I have begun to consider it again. So, my questions.

1. How easily would my pending AEMCA be recognized

2. Are positions as a medical technicians currently available

3. What are the differences between Army, Navy and Air force medical technicians in regards to duties, medical directives and common conditions they are treating.

Thank you for your time and input.

Jav
T

Answers:

1.  I'll let someone more qualified answer>

2.  All Trades in the CF are currently CLOSED.

3.  A Medical Technician is a Medical Technician.  It doesn't matter what colour of uniform they may wear.  They can wear an Army uniform and serve on a ship, or a Navy uniform and serve on an Air Force Base.  A Medical Technician, no matter what uniform they may wear will be sent where the CF needs them the most.

Topic Merged.

Javril said:
Hello
This is my first post on this forum and I am looking for some advice. I'm in my early twenties and just finishing the second year of a paramedic program in Ontario. I am approximately one month away from my final round a practical experience and am beginning to seriously consider what I am going to do in six months when I graduate. The unfortunate thing I have come to realize is that paramedic jobs in my area and in most of Ontario are few and far between.

That is unfortunate, and something I am hearing all too frequently on here, and elsewhere. It makes no sense to me.
Baby Boomers like myself who joined in the early 1970's are reaching the end of our careers and retiring from the service. The recent pension improvement from OMERS NRA65 to NRA60 is going to accelerate retirements.
In Toronto, calls went up 23 per cent between 2002 and 2009, but the number of paramedics increased only 1 per cent:
"Since subsequent generations are typically much smaller, the service is experiencing difficulty in recruiting suitably trained replacement staff, just as demand for services is increasing."

Knowing how highly skilled these young Paramedics are, the older I get, the more I want them stationed in my community.

Javril said:
I had considered the idea of joining the military prior to being accepted by my current program and I have begun to consider it again. So, my questions.

1. How easily would my pending AEMCA be recognized

If you seach "AEMCA" on Milnet, there is some discussion. Also, this:
CFHS: "Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) 2009":
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/hp-ps/mcsp-pmcc/AEMCA-eng.asp

As always, your best bet is to talk to a CF Recruiter.
Good-luck, Jav, and I hope you keep us posted.

OK first off, I am an 18 year old male that would like to become a medical technician.
But, i want to join the navy specifically (being on the ocean and being able to help in disaster relief is something i want)
How would you go about this?

Here are some of my qualities that i think would make me a great asset.

-Very Physically Active
-Passed all high school classes with at least honors marks
-PCP certified in Saskatchewan
-First Aid certified
-Willing to live anywhere in the country as i want to explore and learn about my countries roots

Any help for someone like me?

Well like GW said all trades are currently closed so you'll have to wait a while. Also a Med Tech can be posted anywhere so just because you join up as Navy doesn't mean you'll be serving on a ship. Best advice I can give is stay active and do a lot of research about your trade. Good luck.

Brettfoulston said:
Any help for someone like me?

You should call your local CFRC if you haven't already, ask for an information package on becoming a Medical Tech or check it out on Forces.ca.  Sit tight and wait until the trade opens again.

Brett,
There are no posting to a ship until your second level of medical training, QL 5, and you have been promoted to Cpl.

I've been dreaming for a while of becoming a medical technician with the Canadian Forces, but I've been reading threads and forums on this site and I'm just getting more and more confused..

- What are your chances of getting accepted/offered a job?
- How many new med techs recruits do they accept each year?
- How can I better my chances of getting accepted?

(I already have 3 years of university sci/psych under my belt, but i don't think that counts).. i have all my high school bio/chem/phys requirements and a bunch of university bio courses.
I'm kind of getting worried now about my chances of getting in, I was originally planning on applying this january.. but with further consideration I decided to take a year to get in kick ass shape and finish up a bit more of school.

any help would be great!
Thanks!

ebeth said:
- What are your chances of getting accepted/offered a job?

Usually not too bad. Unfortunately I think that all trades are currently closed.

- How many new med techs recruits do they accept each year?

It varies from year to year.

- How can I better my chances of getting accepted?

From what you've posted so far, I'd think you're a good candidate. Don't get arrested, don't get addicted to drugs etc, etc, etc.

hey all! my name is Dylan Royal, i'm 17 years old and i've always been interested in medical and, well.. the Canadian Forces combined with medical is just a dream for me.

So I got 3 semesters left of highschool (year and a half) and i'm wondering how I should be prepping myself for maximum chance to become a med tech . I orginally planned on waiting till I was finished highschool , is that the best plan, or should I start doing something now?

ALSO, tell me about being a med tech! I like the thrill, adrenaline.. which is why I was debating between infantry and med tech. Is the med tech always stranded at base or getting out there and running missions on the field and in other countries?

I'm taking Chem and Physics eventually, so I believe that covers the requirements for med tech, but to be honest.. I'm a tad worried about the aptitude test? I've been through practive CFAT's but I hear from some people it's hard, ect.. I assume you would have to have a high score for med tech and other positions? I don't want to be an effing cook.

THANKS  GUYS! i'll be looking forward for replys  : )

-dylan

Distress said:
ALSO, tell me about being a med tech! I like the thrill, adrenaline..  . . .

. . . I assume you would have to have a high score for med tech and other positions? I don't want to be an effing cook.

I don't usually respond to posts from what appears to be hyperactive children, but there was something about this one that compelled me to respond.  As this is your first post on these means the best suggestion that you could follow would be to "search".  All the questions that you asked have been discussed many times before.  As for your attitude towards military cooks, I will assume that you are not trying to be intentionally disrespectful, you are just ignorant.  However, if you do know something about that trade then perhaps it is that you are too lazy to want to attempt that career path.  Based on my years in the service, including several postings to field medical units as both an NCM and officer, you should be aware that cooks are usually the hardest working individuals when in the field and the most appreciated.

Distress said:
Hey all! My name is Dylan Royal, I'm 17 years old and I've always been interested in medical and, well.. the Canadian Forces combined with medical is just a dream for me.

So I gothave 3 semesters left of high school (year and a half) and I'm wondering how I should be preppingpreparing myself for maximum optimizing my chances to become a Med Tech . I orginally planned on waiting tilluntil I was finished high school. Is that the best plan, or should I start doing something now?

Also, please tell me about being a Med Tech! I like the thrill and adrenaline, which is why I was debating between Infantry and Med Tech. Is the Med Tech always stranded at base or getting out there and running missions on the field and in other countries?

I'm taking Chem and Physics eventually, so I believe that covers the requirements for med tech, but to be honest I'm a tad worried about the aptitude test? I've been through practice CFAT's but I hearhave heard from some people that it's hard, ect etc. I assume you would have to have a high score for Med Tech and other positions? I don't want to be an effing cook one of the people who makes sure I'm well fed day in and day out, and impacts the morale of the entire unit on a daily basis.

THANKS  GUYSThanks everyone! I'll be looking forward for to replies   : )

-dylan

Reading this was like listening to fingernails on chalkboard.  Please read and follow the site guidelines you read and agreed to when you registered for the site.

I really hope that no present or future cook remembers the name of Dylan Royal because I think your rations may end up with "special sauce" added so good luck!

Point of note...make sure you don't badmouth the RMS clerks who will one day look after your pay, because they will really look out for you.

Supply Techs can really rain on your parade, too...

"Whaddya mean I signed for a Leopard 2A6 MBT ?!?!"

Med Techs are always good to keep on side...

"You're going to put what, where???"

Rule of thumb:  Don't piss anybody off, and life will be grand!  ;D

Ex-Dragoon said:
I really hope that no present or future cook remembers the name of Dylan Royal because I think your rations may end up with "special sauce" added so good luck!

Point of note...make sure you don't badmouth the RMS clerks who will one day look after your pay, because they will really look out for you.

I know as a PA I'll keep an ear/eye open for said name, as will my RMS clerk wife...we always need people to do the, shall we say, less desirable procedures on patients or around work.  And no, it's not an adrenaline rush 24/7/365.  Like most jobs, it's 90% routine, 7% really interesting, and 3% shyte scary.  If you're looking for a rush all the time, try bungee jumping or skydiving with a parachute packed by the local crack dealer.

MM

I was doing a bit of research and was being told 2 different things, some say you must go trhough college, and some say you can enter NCM_unskilled to apply for med tech. Anyone on here have the right answer?

Both of those are available entry plans for that occupation.  Your recruiting office can tell you which college(s) in your area have acceptable programs, and what the difference in pay and benefits will be compared to the unskilled plan.

Hey, this is my first time posting on this site. I recently sent in an online application to become a Med Tech in the Army and my question is what am I up against competition-wise. I've been working towards Med Tech since 2009; I moved back home so I could get my Chem and Bio 30, received my lifeguard certification (working as a lifeguard currently) and now I'm just finishing up an EMR course at SAIT.

I don't have a college or university education and I was an average student (mostly 70-75%) but if they decline enrolling me then I'll work towards becoming an EMT or paramedic and then re-apply; I will do everything necessary to get in.

So my question is how competitive is the Med Tech trade right now? What do I need to do to increase my eligibility? I will do whatever needs to be done to get in as a Med Tech.

Thanks.

Back