• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical-Eyes and Lenses- Keratoconus

djangovi

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, (Sorry, my mother tongue is French!)

I'm new to this forum and would like to request information regarding the eye desease called "Keratoconus".
I am currently in process to get in Air Forces. I was diagnosed a "Keratoconus" when I was 19 years old. Currently I am 31 and I see very well with my glasses (LASIK MD informed me that I did not need a surgery). To my left eye, I see quite well (-0.5 diopters) and my right eye almost half (-5.5 diopters). I have a Bachelor degree and a Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering. According to my file Manager I had a very strong score on my CFAT, wich qualifies me for my 3 trades.

Since I had involvement outside of Canada, they did  first and completed my Background Checking) since early September 2015. Soon I will get my interview and my medical and I wonder if the Keratoconus will or won't be problematical during my medical examination? That's gonna disqualify me to get in the Canadian Forces?

My trades are:
1st choice: Aerospace Engineering Officer,
2nd choice: Aerospace Control Officer
3rd choice: Air Combat Systems Officer

Thank you in advance for your answers !!!!!!!!

I would love to be able to give you an answer to this but until you go in for your medical you probably won't get a straight answer here.  You could try asking in the "Ask A Recruiter" section or the "Enrollment Medical" section.

I would also suggest browsing through this post: http://army.ca/forums/threads/432/post-904778.html#msg904778 there is a lot of pages but there might already be an answer in there somewhere :)

Back