• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May 5th BMOQ

Celticgirl said:
I find it funny that BCers think of Quebec and Ontario as being "back east". Here on the east coast, we consider them to be Upper Canadians, don't ya know? ;)

How do you think I feel, most people think Canada ends at Halifax.

its weird that we all get told different things. i was told "full", delicron was told "cancelled" and you were told "maybe other sites". i wonder why that is. can anyone clarify or should we all just shut up and not speculate  :)

bbell et al,

I was in the situation of not knowing if I would be in Jan, March(never got scheduled), May or August BMOQ. I maintained a close watch on the boards and posted a few questions and some info just like you. By checking with FM every couple or four weeks, and using what was posted, I was able to determine the likely probabilities involved.

It sounds like you are not likely going to be on May BMOQ. However, you might be (say 20%). Check with your FM regularly.

The long and the short of it, I was prepared for whichever start date was offered. I made a plan for for each contingency. The best piece of advice I can offer, look to the positive aspect of each possible start date. That way, whenever you do start, you can go off thinking (as I do) that things have worked out pretty darn good. I won't list the reasons, but May worked out almost perfectly. If you look for the positive aspects, you will find that your start date (whenever it is) will be ideal as well.

Cheers, and don't worry. When the call comes, your first thought will be, oh boy this is happening so darn fast!

Well, I have to go for a run now,

KMJAB

thanks for that info. since i was told may is full and sept was my most likely start date thats what i am planning for, but you're right we just have to be patient and let it happen.

If it means anything in the start of may there will be numerous BOTP courses.  The civi u guys will come up late april, early march followed by the RMC cadets shortly after.

Ive also heard rumours about moving courses around.  Hopefully they keep it in Quebec, last summer during IAP, I was 17.  Montreals pretty good for it though, only one club denied access.

How much room is left in the MEGA, when I left last summer they had just introduced a new division.  It was packed then I can't imagine what it's like now.

I suppose this is a question I should have asked my FM last I spoke with her, but alas I forgot -- hey I'm old let me be  :p
Does anyone know the serial for our course?

SAUVE said:
If it means anything in the start of may there will be numerous BOTP courses.  The civi u guys will come up late april, early march followed by the RMC cadets shortly after.

Sauve, BMOQ is IAP/BOTP together, so people who are already in and coming from CIvvy U or RMC would be going right to BOTP and wouldn't be on this BMOQ course.

Twigg
Age 28
AEC

I'm from Toronto and looking forward to leaving.  What were you guys doing before deciding to enlist?  I've been working as a mechanic.

Twigg,
I work(ed) at the University of Manitoba as a Information Technologist.

Nixon
Age 36
DEO Sig O

It looks like there are a lot of new "Jimmies" (apparently the nickname for Sig personnel) attending BMOQ.

Interesting question Twigg,  This might be a good way of getting some idea about who we will be spending the summer with.
I have been toiling as an IT Guy (programming, network admin, etc) for the last few years, and a whole string of completely unrelated stuff before that.

I'm still going to university, enough said, that's my whole life these days.  :D

For all those going, how long has your wait been? ( I realize there are other threads addressing processing times, Im mostly interested in the May groups)

I submitted my application May 1, 2007.. so it's been nearly a year in waiting for me. Most of my delay was due to the extra medicals required for AEC (aircrew certification) -- that and the jr. medic at my cfrc misplaced my file on his desk for 8wks -- but hey who's counting  ;D

KJL said:
For all those going, how long has your wait been? ( I realize there are other threads addressing processing times, Im mostly interested in the May groups)

I handed in my application in early Sept 2007. I think my medical was approved back East by early November, but probably missed the Jan course by 2 weeks or so (and to be honest, I'm just fine with doing BMOQ in the summer and CAP in the fall... and doing the indoor courses in the winter). I think there are people here who handed in the application before me.

The waiting, for the large part... is boring. But so is the running. Among other things. But now that the wait is almost over, I just realized there is so little time left to enjoy whatever... I have to say it's true that you can only really miss it when you lost or is about to lose it. But then again, if the old doesn't go, the new can't come.

Back