• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May /05 DEO Selection

The numbers won't be the same, but if you pass the board, you could be joining us on the 10-12 of september...  Good luck!

T

Again, thank you T...I look forward to it and will kepp you all up-to-date!

RT  :salute:

Reality, I wouldn't have thought the social worker MOC would be limited to the army, but rather you could choose which element you wanted. I'm applying for JAG and it doesn't have any restrictions; I'll probably choose Navy (If I get a call that is)

Have you any idea where you might be posted as a social worker. That sounds like an interesting profession to be doing in the CF, I wasn't aware there were social workers in the CF - is it  a new trade?

As a Social Worker, expect to be trained in both Airborne and Assault-Boat insertion - you are a member of a Special Operations Capable (SOC) Team (consisting of JTF along with Tier III support pers) that will conduct unconventional warfare (UW) and foreign training abroad.  Social Workers, as part of this team, are expected to handle all the needs of the local community in support of the ODA team that inhabits the region and and trains local forces to conduct UW against the enemy.

Hooah....

Please tell me JAG does this too. Will we get a CO that is an ex airborne pathfinder and a loose cannon that used to fly f-18's? Can we drive the Assault boat? I hope it's not just static line jumping but HALO. Will CNN be there during our insertions?

Didn't your recruiter explain that this is what you'd be doing?  This is the Army - we fight and win the land battle.

Are you prepared for the 30-miler on the Commando Course yet?

Has anyone here heard back from the May selection board yet at all? Mid June, and not a peep from anyone....

As I've been told by the CFRC Montréal, the selection board for DEO of May 05 have been postponed to this week.  They told me that we should receive news in the next 2-3 weeks.  -sig-

Wow, OK. Thanks for letting me know. I was not expecting more delays...but I should be used to by now I guess.

They must be trying to build up suspense,  lol

There were very few DEO MOCs that were boarded in May.  For the majority of the MOCs the files were due in May and the boards were being held in the first three weeks of Jun.  Results will most likely be available in early July.  So in fact there are no delays and everything is going as scheduled.

Back