• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARSS with History degree

Willy450

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some question about being an officer. I'm presently a NCIOP in the Navres and I would like to change my trade next year for MARSS officer in the NAVRES during my studies. I’ll finish my CEGEP studies in human sciences in may and next year I’ll be attending at Laval university in Quebec to do my BAC in history.

First of all, I would like to know if I can change to MARSS officer with my BAC in history, because I heard that there’s some studies that don’t apply to certain officer trade. Also, can I ask my transfer as MARSS before the end of my studies at Quebec or do I need my BAC to change?

Last question, I know that there’s a program in the NAVRES that can pay up to 2000$ a year for study fees, but once again I heard that it depend on the studies you do.

Thanks for the future answers!
Cheers!

Willy450 said:
First of all, I would like to know if I can change to MARSS officer with my BAC in history.
Yes

Also, can I ask my transfer as MARSS before the end of my studies at Quebec or do I need my BAC to change?
You can apply as a RESO candidate currently attending university (DEO is the entry scheme for officers who already have degrees).

Last question, I know that there’s a program in the NAVRES that can pay up to 2000$ a year for study fees, but once again I heard that it depend on the studies you do.
Not really a question, but I think what you're asking is does a history degree at Laval get funded under that program? The answer is: generally, yes. What matters now is getting your Individual Learning Plan approved by the base: that depends on the degree (your's qualifies) and funding (and frankly I've never heard of an approved degree not getting funded in NAVRES). Without guaranteeing anything, I'd say you can be 95% confident about getting funding if you apply to that program.

Thank for the answers!

It seems there's not a lot of info on internet about RESO, I'm gonna ask some question at my unit. Also I was wondering about the training of MARSS, do I need to re-do all the training if I transfer in Regforce after my studies?

EDIT : My cox'n told me that this program (2000$/year) was only for the civy who join the CF and not for the transfers. But he wasn't sure about it

Willy450 said:
It seems there's not a lot of info on internet about RESO, I'm gonna ask some question at my unit. Also I was wondering about the training of MARSS, do I need to re-do all the training if I transfer in Regforce after my studies?

Try this thread: Naval Reserves Officer Training

Back