• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Making a movie in Morocco

SuperTrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I just got back from Morocco a week before Xmas and now that I can relax, time to share some pic's and stories.

I had a great time working with the army and airforce, hardy lot they are and I was simply amazed at the vast equipment that they have, though some of it was real crap, some is just stunning.
The troops I worked with were 2nd line types, the best are presently occupying holes along the border as they are not in friendly terms with Algeria.
They are dead serious about terroism, case in point, one of the local film guys had a pic of Osama as a wallpaper on his cell phone, he decides that he would be cool to show the Canadian ladies the pic, the girls talked to the security guys who in turn talked
to Johnny GQ and told him that if he didn't get rid of it he'll talk to the state police.
Well buddy not only smashed his phone with a rock he cried for a few hours and looking like a complete snot bubble......what a killer!
The troops from what I observed, eat crap, drink tea non stop, are in for 25 years and that is it, issued kit is crap so they all suppliment with civi, ie...its cold so my leather jacket is good enough with my grandma's knitted sweater under my cmbt shirt!
and wear flip flops in the field.
Well that's about it for now, here's some pic's.
Al

You will have to upload them on to the internet. I am no hacker, and therefore cannot view the contents of your hard-drive. Sounds neat, though... :)

ya just noticed that my meatball ways are kicking in high gear, so if someone could tell me how to resize or do the above mentioned I would be greatful.

SuperTrooper said:
ya just noticed that my meatball ways are kicking in high gear, so if someone could tell me how to resize or do the above mentioned I would be greatful.

Use Microsoft paint and use the stretch feature. Thats the easiest way.

Slim

What's the movie - those are some good looking Mujihadeen....

The movie has no title as of yet, it's about the lead up to 9 11.
80 plus day shoot, some of it was filmed in Toronto and the remainder was filmed in Morocco.
We supply all the firearms including crew served weapons and armoured vechs, I also do stunts as well.
Three more films are scheduled in Kitty litter (Moroc), Ridley Scott is doing a Iraq war movie, bigger then Blackhawk!
When at the studios, walked around the Kingdom of Heaven set, castle was huge and all the sets were fantastic.
After being there, I now know what the guys go through in Astan, minus the dangers of war.
All in all, it was a good learning experience and looking forward to the next trip.
Al

Here are some more pic's yet again, I love my job and want to share, you have to understand how bored I get on a field ex knowing what I can do to spice things up.
Trust me I have asked but I always get the same answer, "go away"  :-*

Looks awesome - is it a TV movie, feature film, or documentary?

Is that the old "55 gallon drum of gasoline masquerading as a hand grenade" trick again? ;)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=37994.0;attach=7537;image

Does sound like some exciting projects tho...

yes they wear flip flops in the field!

Looks awesome - is it a TV movie, feature film, or documentary?

it's a 6 part mini series on ABC starting spring or fall.

Is that the old "55 gallon drum of gasoline masquerading as a hand grenade" trick again?

that my friend is 4 feet of 20 grain det cord, 5 liters of petrol in a bleach bottle, 2 bags of cement, SD100 which is used to initiate the cord and a 9volt batteryand a 4 x2 sheet of cork to make it look like rocks.
That was to simulate what it was, 5L gas bomb.

Here are some more pic's of explosions, just a wee bit more det cord.

Back