• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lord Strathcona's New Toys [Leopard 2A4M]

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Saw this on another site today.Hope its not a repost. They sure look sharp.Click on the image at the link and there are a series of images of the Leo's.

http://www.strathconas.ca/arrival-of-leopard-2-to-ldsh-rc/?id=748

DSC_1258______________0.jpg

33 years too late; however, I'm glad to see that Canada finally has its own PURCHASED Leopard 2s.  :salute:

(As a reminder, we got our Leo 1s, aka "Leo C1" back in 1978, while in 1979, the Leo 2 was "released"...)

They had to pull the Leo I jigs  out of storage and restart the production line while in the midst of starting the Leo II line.I suspect we're still not Kraus- Maffi 's favorite customers. :facepalm:

I remember when the first Leo's arrived in Halifax to be loaded on trains for delivery out west, or trucked to Gagetown.

I was still in Junior High at the time.

A bit of moving pictures, too
https://www.youtube.com/user/LFWAPAO?ob=0&feature=results_main#p/u/4/I_xzBxak5uY

Do they lose half their value as soon as you drive it off the lot?

Only if you crush the salesman's car, although 120mm is alot of bargaining power.  >:D

Did we purchase new recovery versions to go with them?

The 2 that the Regt used overseas are coming to Canada on loan until next year. Hopefully CALGARY comes to the Regt.

Tango18A said:
The 2 that the Regt used overseas are coming to Canada on loan until next year. Hopefully CALGARY comes to the Regt.
4823_100530811231_623831231_2506517_264076_n.jpg

cupper said:
I remember when the first Leo's arrived in Halifax to be loaded on trains for delivery out west, or trucked to Gagetown.

I was still in Junior High at the time.

Let's not confuse people and clarify this statement.  For people in Halifax, Gagetown is "out west".  ;D

In 1978, no Leo 1's made it further West than Gagetown, or the RCEME School in Borden.

You take all the fun out of running amok.  :(

Nice to see your new ride Straths.  Better late than never.

I think the new tanks are more fun then geography!  Working with a couple of armoured officers that wont stop talking about them.  Makes me want to VOT!

Hahaha when I delivered that ARV to Maint troopp in MSG one of the guys said "That f&*king umbrella looks f&*king stupid we will never us it, what a waste of money.

Tank Troll said:
Hahaha when I delivered that ARV to Maint troopp in MSG one of the guys said "That f&*king umbrella looks f&*king stupid we will never us it, what a waste of money.

They were just jealous of the fact that they didn't have one and had to bake while we were nice and cool.

Regards

Back