• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lord Strathcona's New Toys [Leopard 2A4M]

Oh that is such a pretty kitty. Sic/em. Just as an afterthought,can I buy a used one. LOL
Cheer's and best Regard's. Scoty B

They are impressive. I had a chance to crawl all over them the last time I went to Edmonton.
Personally, I think they look better than the A6.

So do you have expressed permission to use these photos? The photos you have posted are stamped by someone I know who is currently writing a book, therefore there may be some copyright issues here.

That being said, they will be taken down unless he lets us know it's GTG.

The Army.ca Staff

What are the little black rectangles?

Attachment points for the Barracuda Thermal Cam. Its been stored, but the attachment pads remain....for now.

Photos removed due to possible copyright infringement.

The Army.ca Staff

Nerf herder, just for my personal intrest. How could someone taking pictures of DND equipment on a DND base possibly claim copyright  on anything they shoot?

Thanks.

Armynewsguy said:
Nerf herder, just for my personal intrest. How could someone taking pictures of DND equipment on a DND base possibly claim copyright  on anything they shoot?

Thanks.

I would think.....SWAG here.....with permission for a specific purpose.....back when dinosaurs roamed, we were not allowed to take any pics of our Tech Shops, even peripherally that might include background radar dishes, etc.....

not sure on today's rules, but.................

Tango18A said:
Attachment points for the Barracuda Thermal Cam. Its been stored, but the attachment pads remain....for now.

I was thinking that, as they looked like strips of Velcro. How do they work (presuming that they are not actually Velcro)?

Armynewsguy said:

Thanks.

That's copyright law.  If I take a picture I own the copyright to that image.  (Employees acting on behalf of their employer usually have assigned the copyright of their work to their employer, but that's a different situation).

ADDED: A good overview of copyright as applicable to photographs in Canada is http://www.capic.org/resources.html?screen=bp&t=bp_section&chapter=What+You+Sell

dapaterson said:
That's copyright law.  If I take a picture I own the copyright to that image.  (Employees acting on behalf of their employer usually have assigned the copyright of their work to their employer, but that's a different situation).

ADDED: A good overview of copyright as applicable to photographs in Canada is http://www.capic.org/resources.html?screen=bp&t=bp_section&chapter=What+You+Sell

dapaterson

I skimmed through your attachment but I still wonder on the validity of taking photos of kit on a DND base and claiming copyright. Unless the photographer did have the permission of the base to take photos and copyright them.  If the work was not for profit I could understand but if there is profit to be made I don't know.

In the attachment it states"(Note: in certain cases, you do need permission to include other people and/or their property in your work, see section on model releases).  This is the part that has me wondering, thanks for the link.

In a related story, serious reasons not to take pictures of stuff.

http://www.livescience.com/19114-military-social-media-geotags.html

Four Apaches located, targeted and then destroyed.

Copyright and commerical exploitation of that copyrighted image are two different things.  Copyright is automatic.

CF members performing their duties generally can't assert rights to their own image or privacy rights, as they are considered "public officers" and thus, barring other statutory reasons such as the security of information act, they are fair game when on duty in uniform.

Armynewsguy said:

Thanks.

Seeing as the individual is known by the Armour community to be in the process of writing a book and the photos in question are stamped with his name - why run the risk of drawing any legal attention to this site from outside?

The Army.ca Staff

Nerf herder said:
Seeing as the individual is known by the Armour community to be in the process of writing a book and the photos in question are stamped with his name - why run the risk of drawing any legal attention to this site from outside?

The Army.ca Staff

Ack;  as someone who has shot hundreds of photos that are floating around the internet and god knows where else (although a lot of them belong  to DND) it was purely my own interest in how you perceived copyright and why you though they should be taken down.

Personally I don’t care if my photos are used and I am quite happy to see them pop up every once and a while on an internet site or a magazine.  That is not to say that one of these days some one could easily take a photo of mine and display it out of context, but that is the risk you run when you make photos easily accessible.

Sorry for the derail of the thread.

Loachman said:
I was thinking that, as they looked like strips of Velcro. How do they work (presuming that they are not actually Velcro)?

They are velcro.

Back