• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for some advice

blacktriangle

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am interested in joining the primary reserve unit in my area. I am wondering a few things. First of all, I will be 16 in january and am hoping to get on course for next summer. Do I have to be 16 when I apply? or just when training begins? I am worried about my paperwork not being processed fast enough and perhaps not making it for next summer. The reason why I'm asking now is simple. I have seen so many accounts of people being in the systems for more then six months... I was wondering if there is a way to get a head start. Can I start the process before my sixteenth birthday? I know I'm young, but this is something I have decided I want to do.

-Shawn.

From my experience the only people that have had these long waits are people applying for Reg Force (Me being one of them).  Finally after 8 months of being "In the System" I am going to Basic this October.  A buddy of mine was in the system for almost 2 months before he was sent off for his Reserve Basic this summer at Kingston.  So to sum it up Reserve recruits usually don't take too long to process.

Shawn,

You've asked a lot of questions here, but they've all been asked, and answered, a number of times before. Your in the right forum for it, now all you have to do is use the "search" function. Along the way, you'll probably find a myriad of other info that will apply or be of interest to you. Being in the military means being inquisitive, independent, organized and self sufficient. It also means using all the tools you have available to ensure the completion of your task. So try the "search' first. If you hit a brick wall, come back and ask.

I use the search function for the most part, but will try harder next time. Sorry.  :salute:

Back